UIC application/interview for class entering in may 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acrylic

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi ppl,

we were discussing this year's interview process in last year's thread so i thought to start this new one....everybody who is applying GOODLUCK

elra: i applied on April 1st.....my application was complete on april 16th and I saw this thru their online status update(no email) and then i got the ph call on may 7th i believe...the lady first confirmed with me the and then she emailed me the details....hope this helps
they dont have any bench test

Members don't see this ad.

hi ppl,

we were discussing this year's interview process in last year's thread so i thought to start this new one....everybody who is applying GOODLUCK

elra: i applied on April 1st.....my application was complete on april 16th and I saw this thru their online status update(no email) and then i got the ph call on may 7th i believe...the lady first confirmed with me the and then she emailed me the details....hope this helps

congrats! if you dont mind, post yr ststs.if you have posted them some other place, then sorry for asking.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey acrylic, congrats and all the best, can you tell me whether this is 2 year program or of 3 years?

hi ppl,

Hey acrylic,

Thanx for the information and good luck to you!:thumbup:

hey acrylic, congrats and all the best, can you tell me whether this is 2 year program or of 3 years?

2 yr prog they take around 20 students i think n they only take perm residents or citizens

I've applied April 9 my application was done by May 5, feeling a little :scared: .

Last edited:
I've applied April 9 my application was done by May 5, feeling a little :scared: stats are 88/84/103/GPA really low.

i think they just started calling ppl so dont loose hope yet, ur stats are v good so hang in there

Anyone else invited for interview at UIC? How many interview days they have is it just Aug 3rd?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else invited for interview at UIC? How many interview days they have is it just Aug 3rd?

the lady who called me for interview said they will be conducting interviews b/w aug 3rd and 7th

did they call for ur interview

Hello All

UIC has increased the IDDP class size to 30 from 24, as far as my current information. I believe entering IDDP 1 class is 30 students. Great News for all. Also, I really like it here, I have been blessed to have learned a plethora of things.

Good Luck to all that are applying :thumbup:

Dentalbug

Hello All

UIC has increased the IDDP class size to 30 from 24, as far as my current information. I believe entering IDDP 1 class is 30 students. Great News for all. Also, I really like it here, I have been blessed to have learned a plethora of things.

Good Luck to all that are applying :thumbup:

Dentalbug

thts grt news thanks for sharing

ne news from uic guys? i cant b the only one being interviewed

Hi all, I just started the program a couple of days ago....(IDDP 2009-2011)
First, they did increase the number to 30 (which btw, is not the best thing they did to us....you'll feel it next year when you're there and struggling)

and, again...as I said in other posts, UIC is one of the schools that take you as a whole package (not only your board scores) I got an 82 on pt1 and I was one of the first accepted student in there.... and just fyi, average of my class is 84...so Chill !!!

Don't worry about the interview, it looks freaky, but it is a whole lot better than to go for a bench exam (especially if you are like most of IDDPs, have not used a hand piece in a while...)

Just sit back and relax, and wait for your interviews (they usually start off by August..)

GOOD LUCK!!

ne news from uic guys? i cant b the only one being interviewed

I didnt hear anything from them.
My application was complete on may 6th.
Donno why they are not sending me an email:confused: :scared: :(

can u describe the interview process a lill bit

Hi all, I just started the program a couple of days ago....(IDDP 2009-2011)
First, they did increase the number to 30 (which btw, is not the best thing they did to us....you'll feel it next year when you're there and struggling)

and, again...as I said in other posts, UIC is one of the schools that take you as a whole package (not only your board scores) I got an 82 on pt1 and I was one of the first accepted student in there.... and just fyi, average of my class is 84...so Chill !!!

Don't worry about the interview, it looks freaky, but it is a whole lot better than to go for a bench exam (especially if you are like most of IDDPs, have not used a hand piece in a while...)

Just sit back and relax, and wait for your interviews (they usually start off by August..)

GOOD LUCK!!

No problem...and btw, you can all check the last years threads, so you all dont have to start from where we did!!!
Anyways, Its basicly a dental Oral exam more than an interview, they wont ask any personal Qs..What they did with me was, they first gave me a typodont with class 2 amalgam preps and 2 crown preps...and ask you to give your opinion specifically...so u point out undercuts, borders and stuff like that, then they'll give u a bunch of instruments and a paper, to mix and match....Nothing but a way to know that you can read....then, they gave me a text book to read a passage outloud and then summerize it to them...also, nothing but to know your ability to understand...then they asked me some about medically compromised pts, and gave me an Xray to give them my ttt plan...
ans this is basically what they did with all of us....so, as I said dont worry, its all gonna be OK and everything would be fine...It is just a regular common exam..nothing to prepare for and nothing to do about it. They only assess you as per your personality and they will tell you honestly that they are picking people to help them make their life easier...

Hey i am an FTD and i just got my score , i got an 84 - raw score 301 , planing to take my part 2

i would be greatful if anyone could let me know do i stand chances in UIC IDDP or do i take nbde 1 again ? please advice

hey i would be greatful if you could let me know the transcripts that are required by UIC are they just a copy of our marks cards and degree certificate in a sealed envelope ? thats it rite ? i mean i have attested transcripts from my college and not RGUHS will that work ?

and one more thing , i am gonna take my TOEFL in a week and can i send all my application to UIC before i take the exam or do i hav eto wait for the toefl scores?

Thanks for your responses.

hey i would be greatful if you could let me know the transcripts that are required by UIC are they just a copy of our marks cards and degree certificate in a sealed envelope ? thats it rite ? i mean i have attested transcripts from my college and not RGUHS will that work ?

and one more thing , i am gonna take my TOEFL in a week and can i send all my application to UIC before i take the exam or do i hav eto wait for the toefl scores?

Thanks for your responses.
no transcript is not a copy of marks cards but a paper which you get from your college which you request at end of the program it consist of the dates from the ist bds to the internship plus the hrs you attended each subject yes they need only attested ones its better to send one packet cos otherwise the ur status will be incomplete thats wht they said when i asked hope this helps

did only 1 person get invitation from uic?? please post if anyone else has the invitation, so that the people waiting can get an idea... pls do post ur credentials too.

did only 1 person get invitation from uic?? please post if anyone else has the invitation, so that the people waiting can get an idea... pls do post ur credentials too.

I got an invitation too...

barney,congrats on your UC acceptance are you going for UIC interview? elra did you get invitation for interview?

barney,congrats on your UC acceptance are you going for UIC interview? elra did you get invitation for interview?
Hey harvestmoon,

No..I didnt get a call yet..
My application got complete on may 6th.
Its been a month now..:(
wht about you??

Hey harvestmoon,

No..I didnt get a call yet..
My application got complete on may 6th.
Its been a month now..:(
wht about you??

hey guys, can anyone tell me that whether UIC accepts international dentists who are on F1 or H4 visa? or only green card holders and US citizens?

Thanks harvestmoon,
I am going to decline the UIC interveiw invitation once I secure my seat at UC.

Hey,

Congrats on the call!
when did you apply and when was your application complete?

Thnx

Hey alra,
my application was complete around April 15th.

Hi

How did you guys send your score reports? Does it has to be directly from TOEFL and ADA ? or can I send a sealed copy to UIC?

Thx

I've just received an email from UIC, stating that they want to have my TOEFL score sent to them, even though I had it sent from ETS directly to them and that the status from their website says its been received already. I've faxed it recently just to comply with their instructions. Did anyone experience this too?

I've just received an email from UIC, stating that they want to have my TOEFL score sent to them, even though I had it sent from ETS directly to them and that the status from their website says its been received already. I've faxed it recently just to comply with their instructions. Did anyone experience this too?

i ordered a toefl copy to b sent to me n then i sent that copy without opening it to uic, they might loose it or something so its better u do it this way,

hey can i submit my provisional degree to UIC or do i need my dental degree?

hey can i submit my provisional degree to UIC or do i need my dental degree?

I believe that you need a notarized copy of your original degree.

Count me in.. I just sent my application few days ago..

hello guys....
Congrats to those who got the interviews and for those who have not got the interview as yet dont loose hope coz UIC conduct many interview sessions...and UIC is the one which sees the student as a whole they dont conc on just the scores..so dont worry so always have a chance..
UIC interviews are very cool so dont panis about it...the proff are really nice and easy going ..they ask some of the gen ques and some dental related quest as well and thay ar enot really hard ones...so relax..there is no bench test which is really a good thing....
so GOOD luck to everyone...
looking forward to see you guys soon...

Hi guys,

I just started filling the application for UIC, i really want help in the question that asked about(why u choose UIC) what i suppose to answer !

best of luck for all

Hi guys,

I just started filling the application for UIC, i really want help in the question that asked about(why u choose UIC) what i suppose to answer !

best of luck for all

I spent a whole week trying to figure out this point... I found honesty with a bit of flattery is the best combination.

Hi guys,

best of luck for all

you are the best school....I am the perfect applicant....and this is the best marriage!!

count me in for august 6. Is anyone interested in sharing hotel accomodations and transportation?

Does anyone have an email address for Chicago or a phone no that doesn't have an answering machine? I called them and left a question but they never got back to me.

can anyone tell me, I know they say to have the scores sent to us and then send it to them but can i send them part 1 and then have part 2 sent directly to them? Otherwise it would take way too long...

Hello guys,

I applied to UIC in april and my application got complete by may 6th.
I havent receive any information from them till now.
whenever i log onto their website it says "my application is complete ready for review, manual review request pending".
My stats are 89/100/3.72.
Is that really bad score?:(
I am feeling so depressed now..
Anyone else got an interview call, plz update it.

thanx guys.

guys please reply to this
I have my EAD n my green card process is pending ..will my application be considered ? or only citizens and green card holders
please reply
thanks