UIC Campus Notification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigKurz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone accepted in the latest round of UIC decisions heard back regarding their campus designation yet?

Also, is the status page supposed to change to reflect receipt of my decision to matriculate? My info was sent in over a week ago, and there's nothing yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone accepted in the latest round of UIC decisions heard back regarding their campus designation yet?

Also, is the status page supposed to change to reflect receipt of my decision to matriculate? My info was sent in over a week ago, and there's nothing yet.

Give it a few weeks.

I was accepted in the Feb. 1st decision date, and have just received my campus selection card this past monday for chicago....very psyched. I'm sure something will show up this week for everyone too...:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I hope I hear similar news sometime soon!

I got Peoria... I requested Chicago.... campus full...

Bummer.

I hope I fair better. I did include a letter with my pref. card--hopefully it makes a difference.

Does anyone know how transferring to Chicago works? Say we get in late and get assigned Rockford / Peoria. Can we switch to Chicago after M1?

Just wondering how it works...

Does anyone know how transferring to Chicago works? Say we get in late and get assigned Rockford / Peoria. Can we switch to Chicago after M1?
I asked this question. Apparently you can put in to switch between Rockford/Peoria/Urbana, but not between one of those three and Chicago. Chicago is on a different curriculum cycle, whereas for R/P/U, they all do M1 in Urbana-Champaign.

urbana/rockford....

why do they hate me????

i need to get this changed- i'm engaged and we're in chicago now both finishing phds at uic.......

I know many of you have your heart set on Chicago, but Peoria and Rockford really aren't that bad

urbana/rockford....

why do they hate me????

i need to get this changed- i'm engaged and we're in chicago now both finishing phds at uic.......

cbd: did you send a letter giving your important reason for needing to stay in Chicago? When I sent in my site preference card last week, I included a letter saying that I am limited to the Chicago area because my husband will be getting his Ph.D. at the U of C. I got assigned to Chicago!
Just got accepted to Pritzker, though, so I have given up my spot -- maybe they'll let you have it! :)

Peoria has a really good medical environment. That's why it was my second choice, but with other acceptances... this does not bring me any closer to choosing UIC. FYI, if you don't get Chicago you can write a letter... but they won't consider it until after the 15th of May.

For those waiting to hear and hoping for Chicago, there is still some hope. My acceptance materials were not listed as received until 2/15 (despite me sending them on the 5th) and I was assigned to Chicago!

I mailed my site preference card Feb. 8th and received a letter yesterday saying I would be at the Chicago campus (my 1st choice).

So it seems that it's not strictly a "first come-first serve" deal. I wish it was a bit more clear exactly how they do it , but for now I'm just not going to complain. :)

Has anyone from the Feb. Ad Com meeting heard back yet regarding site preference? I sent in my materials on Monday and nothing came in the mail today. Maybe Monday?

I also sent in my acceptance materials on Monday...like others, I sent a letter with my site preference card because my husband will be doing his PhD at Northwestern...I can't wait to find out where I have been assigned, so I hope it comes soon!

I got my acceptance earlier in feb. and i got the peoria campus... second choice.

Hey, do you need all four requirements complete before they'll assign you a campus and send fin. aid package? I was planning on only sending a transcript and hep B form if I got specific sites (ie, Rockford = immediately withdrawing). Also, it said those papers weren't due until july and since I'm holding multiple acceptances, I figured I could make my decision in May and maybe save $10 dollars for a transcript and $$$ for hep B form.

So if you werent complete on your requirements and you got assigned a site, please let me know!

Hey, do you need all four requirements complete before they'll assign you a campus and send fin. aid package? I was planning on only sending a transcript and hep B form if I got specific sites (ie, Rockford = immediately withdrawing). Also, it said those papers weren't due until july and since I'm holding multiple acceptances, I figured I could make my decision in May and maybe save $10 dollars for a transcript and $$$ for hep B form.

So if you werent complete on your requirements and you got assigned a site, please let me know!

Nope, you don't have to send those till July 2 to the best of my knowledge. I got my site id. w/o sending them.

hey
can someone tell me about how they assign campuses for UIC?
how does the preference card work? and are you guaranteed a campus if you have some specific reason?
thanks