UIC decision date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luhando

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi-
I was wondering whether any1 knew when the decision date was in October, so we people who might fall in the November date may have a better of idea of when to expect something? I have this crazy feeling it might be like today or something, but I have no idea. I feel like it was on October 16 (i thought someone said that but i forgot if it was true or i am just making it up) last month so November 16 this month? Thanks. I appreciate all the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi-
I was wondering whether any1 knew when the decision date was in October, so we people who might fall in the November date may have a better of idea of when to expect something? I have this crazy feeling it might be like today or something, but I have no idea. I feel like it was on October 16 (i thought someone said that but i forgot if it was true or i am just making it up) last month so November 16 this month? Thanks. I appreciate all the help.

So I called yesterday and was told the committee was meeting soon and we might hear something late this week or early next week. As of yesterday the committee had not met. My guess is that they will be meeting today or tomorrow. In October they met on the 19th because they told me, when I interviewed on 10/18, that I had missed the meeting by a day. Let's hope for some good news :luck:

Do you mean 17th? Because if you interviewed on the 18th how did u miss the 19th's deadline? Sorry, I am just confused. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
When I called today they said the committee hadn't met yet too. I don't understand this process in the least bit!

When I called today they said the committee hadn't met yet too. I don't understand this process in the least bit!

I guess by interviewing on the 18th I was too late to make the meeting on the 19th (ie. my interviewers might not have their evals in on time :confused:). In any case, I was told that I wouldn't be considered until the November meeting... What time did you call today? Maybe they are meeting this afternoon or tomorrow?

I called in the morning, I am calling again right now to see. I probably will get VERY little information because I feel like they don't want to say anything.

I called in the morning, I am calling again right now to see. I probably will get VERY little information because I feel like they don't want to say anything.

Alright, keep me posted and thanks :)

They just now said "they have not met yet and that she doesn't know when they will be meeting"

I was told yesterday that they will be meeting very soon-maybe that means tomorrow? I would call again but I'm pretty sure they recognize my voice. This is so annoying-I want to hear something by Thanksgiving. Although, I have a feeling it might be a hold :mad:

I seriously think they know my voice now too because when I ask to talk to the admissions lady they just send me straight to her voicemail. I leave a message but she doesnt call back. dont know if i should stop bugging them.

I guess I'll call again tomorrow and see if they are meeting then. I wish I could call again now and get some info out of them. This is ridiculous-I interviewed close to a month ago!

I say u try calling. I called them 4 times today!! =) I feel like we're some type of obssessive team trying to CON UIC into giving us info haha

I say u try calling. I called them 4 times today!! =) I feel like we're some type of obssessive team trying to CON UIC into giving us info haha

What if they tell the adcomm not to accept me because I have OCD :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha...well they can't hold ure interest in the skool against u!!

Do it...for the both of us...=) and for my fiance and ure husband...haha...I've done my share of fone calls to them for the day and even had him call for me once

morriske-

i interviewed on the 18th too :)
maybe we met??
i was also told they were meeting soon- i wish that we had more info... AND i hope that we all get it!!! none of this HOLD crap- that's my status amlonst everywhere :-(

cbd

Decision Pending

morriske-

i interviewed on the 18th too :)
maybe we met??
i was also told they were meeting soon- i wish that we had more info... AND i hope that we all get it!!! none of this HOLD crap- that's my status amlonst everywhere :-(

cbd

I guess they might be meeting next week? My status page still says "decision pending". I interviewed in the afternoon. Do you think Garie will be presenting our files to the committee? Grrr-I really just want to know :mad:

love your avatar-my puppy looks just like that :love:

i was a morning interview- that was a terribly disorganized day!! i interviewed with garie b/c my scheduled interviewer was unavailable.

your avatar inspired me to put riley up there- she's a big girl- already 36 lbs!!

i wonder if garie will present? my faculty interviewer was also on the committee. he said, "i'll stand up for you at the meeting.... well, if i go..." what?!?!? ha ha ha

he also promised a pre-thanksgiving decision and insisted that i will get in.... (not that i believe him- he's just one opinion, not the entire comimittee!!) like i said, totally bizzare interview. the whole thing makes me nervous :-(

i was a morning interview- that was a terribly disorganized day!! i interviewed with garie b/c my scheduled interviewer was unavailable.

your avatar inspired me to put riley up there- she's a big girl- already 36 lbs!!

i wonder if garie will present? my faculty interviewer was also on the committee. he said, "i'll stand up for you at the meeting.... well, if i go..." what?!?!? ha ha ha

he also promised a pre-thanksgiving decision and insisted that i will get in.... (not that i believe him- he's just one opinion, not the entire comimittee!!) like i said, totally bizzare interview. the whole thing makes me nervous :-(

I had two faculty interviewers-I wonder which one will present me to the committee. I hope its not my "stress" interviewer. I wonder if it means anything that I interviewed with 2 faculty members, an admissions counselor and no students :scared:

I guess if he said he wanted to see me there next year, he doesn't hate me too much :laugh: I also sent a "letter of interest" so maybe that will help me out.

:luck: keeping my fingers crossed

Hudson is probably a little over 40 lbs. and approaching 5 months. Where'd you get Riley? Hudson came from a breeder in OH, but he's not a Buckeye :)

At least there's a big game this weekend to distract me from my worries. GO BLUE!

Any word? What's the news???
I keep checking my status- no change!

As you know, no change for me either :( Do you think its possible that it could take 2 days to update people's statuses? I think I'm rejected or on hold at this point :mad:

anyone who interiviewed 10/18 or later have their statuses change today?

this is just a hunch....but maybe they change all statuses on tuesday and thursday? perhaps that's why the system goes down? i know that my status changed from application in process to applicant in process after tuesday...

this is just a hunch....but maybe they change all statuses on tuesday and thursday? perhaps that's why the system goes down? i know that my status changed from application in process to applicant in process after tuesday...

no, I know of someone who's status changed today from "Decision Pending" to "A Final Decision has been made". Pretty sad right now-I'm probably on hold :(

i agree with the tues./thurs. thing- maybe we won't get a decision until wed./fri....

uggg- hope to hear very soon!!!

i agree with the tues./thurs. thing- maybe we won't get a decision until wed./fri....

uggg- hope to hear very soon!!!

just got a PM from another applicant who had a status page update as well-I don't think its looking good right now.

hmmmm.... any more news?

i just had a thought- maybe the status change depends on WHERE you interviewed??? just thinking this based on who has/ has not had a status page change.

has anyone who interviewed in chicago in mid/late october had a "final decision" made??

ps: thanks morriske for making me a uic psycho.... ha ha ha

pss: my poor riley had a mishap last night while playing at the park- a bloody mess in her ear- thanks to a golden retriever (still a little shocked)

sorry, my paranoia is contagious :laugh: poor Riley! I hope she's okay. I cuddled with Hudson last night and it made me feel better :)

I am really sorry for making you neurotic :( I just hate my lab work so I've been spending time researching UIC info from previous years.

i just had a thought- maybe the status change depends on WHERE you interviewed??? just thinking this based on who has/ has not had a status page change.

has anyone who interviewed in chicago in mid/late october had a "final decision" made??

ps: thanks morriske for making me a uic psycho.... ha ha ha

pss: my poor riley had a mishap last night while playing at the park- a bloody mess in her ear- thanks to a golden retriever (still a little shocked)

sorry, my paranoia is contagious :laugh: poor Riley! I hope she's okay. I cuddled with Hudson last night and it made me feel better :)

I am really sorry for making you neurotic :( I just hate my lab work so I've been spending time researching UIC info from previous years.
what have you learned from your research on uic from last year etc.??

what have you learned from your research on uic from last year etc.??

Basically, that everyone's status page changes on the same day. If yours doesn't change then "decision pending" equals hold :(

What if u are rejected? then what does ure status page say? Also, if you are on hold, I was told by someone in the admissions office that you will get an email saying that you are.

i don't like that!!!

i doubt that you can be rejected.... certainly not this early.
i think a status change is probably good news!

ugggg- not for me!

i don't like that!!!

i doubt that you can be rejected.... certainly not this early.
i think a status change is probably good news!

ugggg- not for me!

I got a status change today.. they mailed out a final decision... wish me luck guys!!!! I interviewed on 10-24 btw

thanks

jawwad

probably good news- seems that a "pending decision" doesn in fact = hold.
this is "semi-official"

for all of the others good luck and congrats

my middle name = HOLD

Do they send out letters for different people on different days? I don't understand this process!

if your status changed- then a decision has been made... you should get something in the mail soon.

if your page says "decision pending"- then you'll get an e-mail telling you that they will review your application again next month etc. etc.

this is my understanding- i called today to confirm. it seems that the staus pages were all updated- leaving me on hold :-(

good luck to you!!!

i figure if they sent it out yesterday, people in chicago or in the adjacent suburbs should get the letter tomorrow....

So I just called today to find out the status of my interview (which happened to be on 11/9) and it looks like they took my file to the committe, but they were unable to make a descision :( So now it looks as if I am in a land of limbo!? So my question to all of you out there reading this is...what are the chances of coming out of limbo??? I have no idea how this process will turn out, but has anyone experienced this before and made it in??? Usually the committe meets every month around this time, so has there been any good news from people in this state???????:scared:

i think i'm also in your position.... i have the same questions!!

Has any1 whose status page said "final decision has been made" gotten their final decision letter yet? If any1 has please let me know. Also, any current uic students, ure feedback regarding this whole status page thing would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Has any1 whose status page said "final decision has been made" gotten their final decision letter yet? If any1 has please let me know. Also, any current uic students, ure feedback regarding this whole status page thing would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Not yet, but I'm waiting . . . . I haven't gotten my mail yet today but I doubt the letter would have made it to California if it was mailed on Monday.

It would be nice if for this one year, the US postal service worked on Thanksgiving. jk.

Hey gang, I sent my secondary out Oct. 24 (late because of August MCAT). Anyway, my status has been "Application in Process" for quite sometime. Now, I know there's a debate on what the hell that actually means and how it's different from "Applicant in Process," but I'm just curious as to when I might find out about a possible interview? You guys have mentioned that the committee is meeting around this time of the month, and do so for each proceeding months. Do they make a decision to give out interviews during their meeting, or am I looking at a longer wait for a yay or nay from them?

So I just called today to find out the status of my interview (which happened to be on 11/9) and it looks like they took my file to the committe, but they were unable to make a descision :( So now it looks as if I am in a land of limbo!? So my question to all of you out there reading this is...what are the chances of coming out of limbo??? I have no idea how this process will turn out, but has anyone experienced this before and made it in??? Usually the committe meets every month around this time, so has there been any good news from people in this state???????:scared:
I also called the admissions office, and they told me that if an applicant has been waitlisted, then they will be notified via email. It's quite possible that for those of us who interviewed in the earlier days of november (I interviewed 11/9) that the committee brought our files into the november meeting, but were unable to review our files in the time they alotted themselves. I was told that they would try to push the early nov. interviews through before turkey day, but I dont think that happened. Keep hope, I will. For now, I hope everyone enjoys turkey day.

Just accepted to UIC on the 20th, but I was wondering, does any one else know if you send back that acceptance form, does that mean you are tied to going there for sure?

Thanks!

No U are not tied down. U will get the deposit back as long as u withdraw before May 15. U can go to another skool without any problems. The acceptance form is just to save u a spot in the occassion u do decide to attend.

Just accepted to UIC on the 20th, but I was wondering, does any one else know if you send back that acceptance form, does that mean you are tied to going there for sure?

Thanks!

you arent tied, u are just holding a seat.. you get a full refund back if u pull out before may 15th.. i think

that is what I got when i read the packet... im gonna drop off the acceptance stuff monday...