Jun 23, 2009
Status
Hey guys just visited UIC dental school couple weeks ago to check it out and received a brochure. In it, the instate tuition and fees cost of attending UIC for first year is $46,112 and out of state tuition and fees is $82,118. So for an instate resident does $46,118 covers everything I need to pay for the first year of dental school if I decide to live at home and cover my own personal expenses. Do i only owe $46,118 since it says tuition AND fees cost. please someone experienced or a dental student help me out...Thanks a bunch!!!

Xray

10+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Yeah it did!!! It's crazy!
Bad news for you...When they say tuition and fees that does not include your living expenses. I am sure that they provide the breakdown of the expenses on their site for their tutuion and fees or you might try calling (emailing) and asking them. :)

NyCzPeter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Join the party. Stony Brook just raised their tuition by a grand.

rewJW

surviving
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
Status
Dentist
Join the party. Stony Brook just raised their tuition by a grand.
Yeah but their tuition is so low to begin with! LOL. Do Stony & Buffalo still have the same tuitions? UB's tuition is increasing something like 17% for in-state, 21% for out of state. Crazy economy.

Jul 2, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey guys just visited UIC dental school couple weeks ago to check it out and received a brochure. In it, the instate tuition and fees cost of attending UIC for first year is $46,112 and out of state tuition and fees is $82,118. So for an instate resident does $46,118 covers everything I need to pay for the first year of dental school if I decide to live at home and cover my own personal expenses. Do i only owe $46,118 since it says tuition AND fees cost. please someone experienced or a dental student help me out...Thanks a bunch!!!

This may sound like a stupid question but what kind of loans do dental student get to pay for their education? Are they all private? Or is there a mixture of private and federal?

NyCzPeter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2008
Status
Dental Student
This may sound like a stupid question but what kind of loans do dental student get to pay for their education? Are they all private? Or is there a mixture of private and federal?
Federal which includes stafford subsidized, unsibstidized, and grad plus loans will cover every possible neccesity u will need to get through school. Now if that's still not enough, which will not be the case unless u live like a king, u would have to go private. Don't worry about this though, they'll explain how to pay for dental school in painstaking detail during ur interview.

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status
Academic Administration
isn't a 6-8% increase typical for most schools?