Jun 23, 2009
Status
Hey guys just visited UIC dental school couple weeks ago to check it out and received a brochure. In it, the instate tuition and fees cost of attending UIC for first year is $46,112 and out of state tuition and fees is $82,118. So for an instate resident does $46,118 covers everything I need to pay for the first year of dental school if I decide to live at home and cover my own personal expenses. Do i only owe $46,118 since it says tuition AND fees cost. please someone experienced or a dental student help me out...Thanks a bunch!!!

Xray

10+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2009
Status
  1. Dental Student
Yeah it did!!! It's crazy!
Bad news for you...When they say tuition and fees that does not include your living expenses. I am sure that they provide the breakdown of the expenses on their site for their tutuion and fees or you might try calling (emailing) and asking them. :)

NyCzPeter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2008
Status
  1. Dental Student
Join the party. Stony Brook just raised their tuition by a grand.

About the Ads

rewJW

surviving
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
Status
  1. Dentist
Join the party. Stony Brook just raised their tuition by a grand.

Yeah but their tuition is so low to begin with! LOL. Do Stony & Buffalo still have the same tuitions? UB's tuition is increasing something like 17% for in-state, 21% for out of state. Crazy economy.

Jul 2, 2009
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey guys just visited UIC dental school couple weeks ago to check it out and received a brochure. In it, the instate tuition and fees cost of attending UIC for first year is $46,112 and out of state tuition and fees is $82,118. So for an instate resident does $46,118 covers everything I need to pay for the first year of dental school if I decide to live at home and cover my own personal expenses. Do i only owe $46,118 since it says tuition AND fees cost. please someone experienced or a dental student help me out...Thanks a bunch!!!

This may sound like a stupid question but what kind of loans do dental student get to pay for their education? Are they all private? Or is there a mixture of private and federal?

NyCzPeter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2008
Status
  1. Dental Student
This may sound like a stupid question but what kind of loans do dental student get to pay for their education? Are they all private? Or is there a mixture of private and federal?

Federal which includes stafford subsidized, unsibstidized, and grad plus loans will cover every possible neccesity u will need to get through school. Now if that's still not enough, which will not be the case unless u live like a king, u would have to go private. Don't worry about this though, they'll explain how to pay for dental school in painstaking detail during ur interview.

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status
  1. Academic Administration
isn't a 6-8% increase typical for most schools?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads