• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Flick

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2002
Status (Visible)
Just curious if anyone else has been put on a continual HOLD by UIC. I interviewed a while back, and have been subequently been put on hold each month since. Needless to say, I am really annoyed. I don't think it is very polite to string people out like this for months on end, especially for my own state school.

Anyone know if UIC actually ends accepting people on hold?

Thanks a bunch!

Optimist

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2003
Illinois
Status (Visible)
I don't think UIC rejects interviewees outright. Each month, they accept some people from their applicant pool, and put the rest back in the pool for the next month. So it's somewhat similar to a waitlist, but probably a little better.

Waitlists generally start moving after May 15 because that's when the accepted people have to decide to take it or leave it, therefore emptying spots.

Flick

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2002
Status (Visible)
Thanks for your reply Optimist. I got the same feeling as well based on the presentation they gave us at the interview. Guess I will just have to keep twidling my thumbs on that one.

Maybe the even more relevant question is what are the chances of still getting the Chicago campus the longer you kept on hold? I doubt many people getting off the waitlists in May still get assigned to Chicago, but I could be wrong.

Anybody have an idea on this one?

chicago13

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2004
Status (Visible)
hey guys. yeah i interviewed all the way back in october and get the monthly "no decision made on your app". it makes me mad cuz ive gotten into better places but would rather stay home in chicago. it seems like they just say that so i can be there back up when people decide they ddont want to go there....is there anything we can do cuz i dont want to have wait til after may 15 to know where im going next year? good luck to the rest of you. and for some weird reason , i think they will end up accepting people but i dont have much hope til may...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.