UIC interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chef_NU

G-Unit
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK so I've been checking my status page diligently the last few weeks and today I find a new table on the second page displaying possible interview dates, and a bunch of new entries on that page. It says my application is still in process though. Does this mean an interview invitation is en route? To those of you that have scheduled/have had interviews: what did your status page look like when you received the good news?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

chef_NU said:
OK so I've been checking my status page diligently the last few weeks and today I find a new table on the second page displaying possible interview dates, and a bunch of new entries on that page. It says my application is still in process though. Does this mean an interview invitation is en route? To those of you that have scheduled/have had interviews: what did your status page look like when you received the good news?

Thanks

I actually didn't check my status page the day the letter arrived, so i didn't see what it looked like. i do know that it says "application in process" until they have actually made a final decision. even after your interview, it will still say application in process until the day they mail your final decision to you.

However, they're interview slots fill up really quickly, so even if you don't have the letter in hand, if it shows on your status page you're going to be interviewed, you might want to just go ahead and call them now and try to schedule it so you have the best shot at getting in soon and getting to interview at the campus that's most convenient for you.

PM me if you want more detailed answers or anything.

chef_NU said:

Thanks

What are the dates that they are offering? Are they like rush where they are already full up to the end of january? Just curious because my app is just recently complete(August MCATer) and im wondering if im running out of tiime there.

Members don't see this ad :)
sanche60 said:
What are the dates that they are offering? Are they like rush where they are already full up to the end of january? Just curious because my app is just recently complete(August MCATer) and im wondering if im running out of tiime there.

they take a huge class...about 300 students...so (especially if you're an IL resident) you should be fine...the later MCAT might hurt you on getting your campus preference though, especially if you want the Chicago campus since it tends to fill up in mid to late December.

jbrice1639 said:
they take a huge class...about 300 students...so (especially if you're an IL resident) you should be fine...the later MCAT might hurt you on getting your campus preference though, especially if you want the Chicago campus since it tends to fill up in mid to late December.

I am an illinois resident, but I was wondering where you heard that the chicago campus fills up by december. Did they tell you that at your interview or something?

sanche60 said:
I am an illinois resident, but I was wondering where you heard that the chicago campus fills up by december. Did they tell you that at your interview or something?

yeah, the students told me that at my interview...the dean hinted at it too

I haven't encountered much chatter on UIC other than that the facilities are old. There's a uicsucks.org website, but that's not specific to the med school.

Where's the fan club? lol

Has anyone found any useful info or threads? Thanks.