UIC Is Making Me Angry!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pdiddy348

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i am among the people who are anxiously waiting for their letter from UIC after "a final decision was made on February 16." Well today I got an email from UIC that says "your application was reviewed, and no decision was made at this time blah blah"...... why did they play with my emotions like that??!!!
and also, my "additional correspondence" box at the top of the status page was dated February 21, for those of you who were wondering what that box meant. Anyways, I just wanted to see if the rest of you guys who were waiting for the Feb 16 decision got the same email....

Members don't see this ad.

Hum...Pididdy, i'm in the same boat as you with the exact same messages from UIC, but did not receive the same email as you did. Empty day at the mail box again...when is this thing going to get here!!!

did your "additional correspondence" box have a date next to it?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah mine also had a date. Everything was the same as your except I didn't get an email.

i think according to last year's thread, that e-mail means that you've been put on hold.

soumdoc said:
i think according to last year's thread, that e-mail means that you've been put on hold.

What does that mean exactly?? I got the same thing too. I think this means that we will be reviewed during the next months adcom meeting. Does anyone know what are the chances of being accepted once you get that email?

I think pdiddy348 said he received the acceptance packet 2 days after the e-mail, so its not a death sentance by any means :)

As for overall stats, no idea, but good luck everyone ^^b

eram said:
I think pdiddy348 said he received the acceptance packet 2 days after the e-mail, so its not a death sentance by any means :)

As for overall stats, no idea, but good luck everyone ^^b

yeah but pdiddy's status page changed to "a decision has been made", which basically means you're in, according to the forums. Mine just changed TODAY to "decision pending". Anyone have feedback about this?

Remember i also got the email about "no decision has been made blah blah blah" in mid february.

the email i got about "no decision being made etc" must have been a mistake, cuz i got an acceptance a couple of days later. sorry for the confusion guys.

my status changed to "decision pending" as well. i think this is probably happening because they accepted WAY too many people last year and are being extra cautious. The word on the street is that there will be a lot of waitlist movement, so i'm hoping they'll take us "decision pending" people too!

wow, mine changed to decision pending too. Does that mean they are going to make a final decision on me this month?? Has anyone seen this before or know what it means??

smallqt said:
wow, mine changed to decision pending too. Does that mean they are going to make a final decision on me this month?? Has anyone seen this before or know what it means??

no idea what it means but I just got the "decision pending" message too

I got the "decision pending" message too. I really hope that is good news, not waitlisting. Keep us posted!

So, I heard the committee will be reviewing applications this week. Has anyone else heard this? This could explain the "decision pending" message.

Well, I'm pretty sure that the Admissions Committee meets once a month on the third thursday of the month. So that would make this thursday they're monthly meeting. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens.....

Has UIC rejected anyone yet? It's to my understanding that they don't reject anyone until much later. They take the "wait-and-see" approach to all who don't get accepted at these monthly meetings.

Does anyone know how UIC sends their decisions? email, phone, regular mail? thanks.

I was phoned but an MSP (MD/PhD at Urbana-Champaign) applicant...?

The medical school never called me though, and I just got the packet snail mail style.

Whoa It's Peter said:
Has UIC rejected anyone yet? It's to my understanding that they don't reject anyone until much later. They take the "wait-and-see" approach to all who don't get accepted at these monthly meetings.

Double post, how'd that happen ?? :confused: ??

Whoa It's Peter said:

People have been rejected to UIC on this forum.