UIC medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThinkFast007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
out of curiosity...those that interviewd at UIC medicine...

did you all receive the hand written note by the chief resident. Wasnt sure if it was a form letter that everyone got or if we can read into it? :laugh:

And..did ppl that were both prelim and categorical get it?

thanks ;)

Members don't see this ad.

i'm categorical and I got one also. what did you think of your interview? i didn't get a chance to get to the dinner the night before. what was your take on the vibe of the residents-cameraderie and all?

thx

No handwritten letter, but I did get one inscribed in one of the chiefs' blood. OK, so that's actually not true. I expounded on UIC in a review in the "interview experiences" thread.

The camraderie is fantastic. At the night before supper, there were more residents than applicants. They were joking with each other, drinking pizza, eating beer, and were planning to go out that evening. We were invited along, but since the dinner ended at 10:30pm we decided to call it a night. You can tell that they all enjoy each others' company--it's a wonderful program and sits staunchly near the top of my list.

Hope this helps!

DS

I didnt go to the dinner the night before...

regardless, teh UIC pack was definitely really laid back and cool. I'm doing prelim so I guess I have a different outlook on things. but it seems their residents work pretty hard, siince they have a crap load of pts. BUT...i got a great vibe from them because everyoen there was just COOL. learning was HIHGLY emphasized, etc.

havent checked out Rush yet, I would like to know more about rush.