UIC # of applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PatDO12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that UIC screens applicants and I read on the website at some point only 1/3 of people do recieve a secondary, but how many applicants did they have last year??? I also read on SDN that they interview around 800 and accept ~600. Do you guys know if that is about right? Just trying to get some info as I am a little worried because I sumbmitted amcas so late and my MCAT isn't all that great (9,10,9,P), GPA ~3.6.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I know that UIC screens applicants and I read on the website at some point only 1/3 of people do recieve a secondary, but how many applicants did they have last year??? I also read on SDN that they interview around 800 and accept ~600. Do you guys know if that is about right? Just trying to get some info as I am a little worried because I sumbmitted amcas so late and my MCAT isn't all that great (9,10,9,P), GPA ~3.6.

Thanks

you're in range if you're an illinois resident. if not, it might be a little shaky. accepting 600 for their class size around 300 sounds about right because a good number of people use them as their back-up school in illinois so they lose a lot of their accepted students as they get accepted elsewhere. not sure about the 1/3 getting secondaries...that seems kinda low - but i don't have any data to offer on that.

probably worth calling them if you're concerned. depending on who answers the phone, the admissions people can be really nice (or not so nice).

Thanks

I know UIC screens, but it's to make sure you took the MCAT, so I don't know where your first number came from. I think the interview numbers sound about right, though that 800 probably includes both IS and OOS. I think the breakdown is 500 IS, 300 OOS.

Don't worry about getting a secondary, save your worrying for when you are waiting for an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am from the southwest suburbs, I also applied to southern, but I heard if you are from the chicagoland area you don't have much of a chance (to bad because they have lower stats). I got the 1/3 from an interview feedback someone had posted (I also thought that might be wrong). I just found my own answer...about 5000 applicants apply each year.

On Princeton Review it says 1/3 of applicants get a secondary...don't know if that is accurate but that is what they say.

ahh that is the place I found it. I have found reading TPR's stuff isn't always accurate, but I guess no one really has all the info.