UIC Rockford Interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

*fatmike*

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone interviewed at UIC at the Rockford campus? i would just like to know what opinions you had about interviewing there, what the experience was like, etc. Any info would help a lot. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Kinda OT but, I live in Rockford when at home. Although I am pretty much leaning towards dentistry I should check them out.... Would be interesting. Rockford has ALOT of golf courses. So if you like golf that is a def perk.... Infact it is right across from a golf course pretty much. Hard day of classes then hit the lynx . ha. jk .

Ok well at least I gave you a bump....

:laugh:

Rather boring and uneventful. I interviewed there 2 years ago.

Basically you get a couple talks in a room. One from the dean there and one from an admissions person. I think there might have been a person from financial aid as well. Then you get 3 or so students that come in and the administrative people all leave the room. That's the time to ask the questions about the school that you wouldn't dare ask in front of admissions people. This is probably the most worthwhile session of the day. Next is lunch, they gave us some sandwiches which weren't very good with some chips. Next you get a "grand tour" of the facilities which basically amounts to one lecture hall where each lecture takes place and that's it. Then you wait around for your panel interview where 2 or 3 people fire questions at you for about 20 minutes and then you're done.

I interviewed at Chicago this time around and I was much more impressed and pleased with the interview day. Remember though that where you interview has no bearing on which campus you'll go to so wherever you get an interview first is best. But, interviewing at the Chicago campus gives you a much better idea of the school overall.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the information. rockford was the only interview spot left in december when i called yesterday, so i quickly took it. Otherwise, i would have had to wait until the middle of jan to interview at chicago and not have my file decided on until late jan/feb. now it will be up for review at the end of dec! Any more info would be a huge help. thanks...

Hey Fatmike,
Did you get a host or are you staying at a hotel? I'm trying to get a host but UIC was not helpful and I dont think they have a host program.

Jetson

I don t think they have a host program either (someone correct me if i am wrong). Since i dont have to be at the campus until 1pm, I am just going to drive down from Madison, WI in the morning. see you there! :clap:

Yo fat mike, when are you interviewing? I go to school here in Madison and I'll be driving down Wednesday morning to Rockford for my interview! It is at 1 I believe, weird..
peace

That is kind of weird, I have not really planned when i am leaving, i still need to get my hands on some directions to the campus. But I will see you there Mr. H. oh yeah, Mr. H have you interviewed anywhere else? Anyway, good luck and i wills ee youon Wednesday.:)