UIC, Rush, and Loyola

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

illini1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the forum, but I just had some questions about Rush and Loyola. I have been accepted to UIC (Chicago), :) and waitlisted at Rush and Loyola. Although I like UIC, I would go to Rush or Loyola if I ever get off the waitlist. Is anyone else out there waitlisted at either of these schools and if so, have you heard anything? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Why do you like Rush and Loyola more than UIC?

These are my impressions, (I guess its a bit credible since Im undergrad there and have been around the "west" side campus (i.e uic med school):

1) Mainly Lecture 9-5 format
-Negative: I dont want to do undergrad all over again, I mean, what happened to creativity and problem based group discussions?

2) Ancient facilities (esp labs)
-Negative: If you like to feel like an eighteenth century British scientist discovering for the first time with his newly improvised one-ton optical contraption (microscope) the motions of bacterium flagellum, scrambling to record his findings to report them to the British Scientific Society first thing next morning, than those labs definitely provide for awesome, realistic background scenery.

3) UIC definitely has to get with pace of things, and build some new facilities or something. Hey, its located in the heart of the world's largest med district, dude, start looking like it!

P.S My love goes out to all uic faculty, students, and staff..my heart's still with u (well, at least until coming may, when I gradutae and get the hell out :laugh: )

Members don't see this ad :)
guess my mind was working faster than my typing lol

Anasimsim said:
1) Mainly Lecture 9-5 format
-Negative: I dont want to do undergrad all over again, I mean, what happened to creativity and problem based group discussions?

UIC is 8-5, :eek: (lots of exams)
Rush is 9-5 (only midterms and finals)

I'll be done with UIC undergrad apr 27! woohoo

Pros of UIC that make my decision difficult: Cheap tuition + more research

Kinda not the thread topic...but if you had to choose, Vanderbilt or Rush?

bloHaZaRd said:
UIC is 8-5, :eek: (lots of exams)
Rush is 9-5 (only midterms and finals)

I'll be done with UIC undergrad apr 27! woohoo

Pros of UIC that make my decision difficult: Cheap tuition + more research

From what I understand, UIC is NOT 8-5; it is 8:30-12:30 M-F, anatomy lab is in the afternoon on Tues/Thurs (until spring break first year), and there are occassional shadowing/other group learning settings M/W/F afternoons, but they are mostly free.

illini1 said:
Hi I'm new to the forum, but I just had some questions about Rush and Loyola. I have been accepted to UIC (Chicago), :) and waitlisted at Rush and Loyola. Although I like UIC, I would go to Rush or Loyola if I ever get off the waitlist. Is anyone else out there waitlisted at either of these schools and if so, have you heard anything? Thanks!
Unless you have accepted the UIC offer, there is no way of knowing your site assignment. Sooooo, if you've told UIC you're going there, what are the ramifications of later telling them you aren't attending? (Aside from keeping someone else from attending.....)

Vincristine said:
Unless you have accepted the UIC offer, there is no way of knowing your site assignment. Sooooo, if you've told UIC you're going there, what are the ramifications of later telling them you aren't attending? (Aside from keeping someone else from attending.....)

No more so than anyone else holding >1 acceptance (with deposit).