UIC/SIU/Marquette/Detroit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lildentalboi

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on

1.UIC
2.SIU
3.Detroit Mercy
4.Marquette

I am hoping to go to these schools and have been accepted to 2 of the 4 but don't know what they are really like and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on these schools.

Thanx.....

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in undergrad at Marquette right now, and also got into the dental school here, i'm deciding between here and minnesota. i'm sure you know that marquette has a new school next year, i've heard that as both something really positive but also that it may have a few drawbacks. marquette's also really talking a lot about new curriculum, a lot of technology. they're also going to have first years in the clinics early doing cleanings, they're really trying to focus on the clinic.
i'm not sure how familiar you are with milwaukee, it's a fun city. marquette's a pretty good place to be, i've had a few of the professors, the faculty i've worked with have all been great. let me know if you have any other specific questions.
good luck!

Thanx lmmn27...

I have heard mil...is a fun place and yeah, i wish they had the building done so i could check it out....i am also not sure about being a test subject for the new curriculum but sounds interesting....do you know the atmosphere at marquette dental school....i'm hoping for a laid back place...

do you know how many ppl are in each class?

and how much living would be around there?

what are the drawbacks/good things about the school specifically...that you've heard...

sorry to ask so many questions..i'm just have so many......and it hard to pick a dental school....that you will be at for the next 4 years...

thanx for ur help.... :)