UIC: Stress Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

d7486

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

For those who have had interviews at UIC, have any of you had "stress interviews?" I've noticed a little bit of a presence in last year's threads. What kinds of questions were you asked? Would a "stress interview" be more likely for an out-of-state applicant, or one with lower numbers?

Thanks!
:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I highly recommend reading through the interview feedback forum for UIC. Just click the "Interviews" link at the very top of this page. Good luck!

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have had interviews at UIC, have any of you had "stress interviews?" I've noticed a little bit of a presence in last year's threads. What kinds of questions were you asked? Would a "stress interview" be more likely for an out-of-state applicant, or one with lower numbers?
I interviewed at UIC last year and it was painless. You get asked the usual questions (biggest problem with healthcare, biggest challenged you'd faced, important qualities ina doctor, etc.) but definitely not a stress interview.

I was an OOS applicant with solid, but uninspiring stats. I was accepted.

Stress medical school interviews are much less common than I think most people think. I didn't see anything like it at the ones I went on (only 5, though).

I interviewed at UIC last year and it was painless. You get asked the usual questions (biggest problem with healthcare, biggest challenged you'd faced, important qualities ina doctor, etc.) but definitely not a stress interview.

I was an OOS applicant with solid, but uninspiring stats. I was accepted.

Stress medical school interviews are much less common than I think most people think. I didn't see anything like it at the ones I went on (only 5, though).

I agree. I interviewed at UIC earlier this app cycle and my interviewers were all extremely nice. They werent necessarily as conversational as other interviews, but they were all fair. Good luck with your interview, OP!

I also interviewed at UIC last cycle and none of my three interviewers were other than friendly, helpful, and conversational.