1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UIC: Supp. app. general & mailing instructions

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lisalisa, Nov 9, 2002.

1. lisalisa

lisalisa Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

At the top of the first 5 pages is a section which says "Initial:." First, do they want all 12 pages mailed?

Second, do they want us to initial the pages (in writing), type initials, or leave the section blank? (I can't find anything about it in the instructions.)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. guitarguy

guitarguy Member
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I did not mail in pages 1-5, just 6-13....since there is only a spot for your initials on pages 1-5, you really don't have do worry about them. I have an interview with them scheduled, so I assume this method is a-ok.

4. siempre595

7+ Year Member

I think I typed some and wrote some initials in. I'm not sure why that was there except to check that you were reading the whole thing, so either would suffice I guess. I think I just sent everything just to be sure that all the necessary parts got there. They can sort it out there, that's what I'm payin for, right?? heehee Good luck~!

5. opus03

opus03 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I sent the whole thing and wrote my initials on all pages....just covering all grounds!

6. HoMuffin

HoMuffin Procrastination Queen
    7+ Year Member

Just out of curiosity, when did you guys submit your AMCAS and when did UIC invite you to fill out the secondary? I sent my AMCAS in mid-August and didn't get the secondary till TODAY! (November 21). Any guesses on why it would take them so much longer than other schools? I mean really.... three months???

7. OneStrongBro

OneStrongBro Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

They screen their secondarys. Only 3000 people get one. The counselor told me that they have a formula based on MCAT/GPA etc. I assume that you took the August MCAT. If not, they mail out secondarys according to priority.

8. siempre595

7+ Year Member

My app was complete after the august mcat scores got there, I got their secondary about a week later. I have no idea why there would be such a delay. I haven't heard anything in about a month from them

9. HoMuffin

HoMuffin Procrastination Queen
    7+ Year Member

Nope, I was an April MCATer. I'm quite honestly baffled. I am out-of-state, though, so maybe that's part of it.

10. PluckyDuk8

PluckyDuk8 Pluck of all Plucks
    7+ Year Member

Interesting...it has been since August that I filled in UIC's application, and I have a feeling that I didn't notice the "initial" part and just turned in the sections that require filling in (I actually had no clue what u guys were talking about). However, they say my application is complete so I guess all is well.