D

DrOwen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Chicago,IL
Visit site
Status
Based on the Us news rankings, MCW is better? any idea? Is someone picking one over the other.

chitown82

10+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
UIC doesn't submit the data needed for US news to rank it, hence it is not ranked.

About the Ads

rjb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2004
Status
chitown82 said:
UIC doesn't submit the data needed for US news to rank it, hence it is not ranked.
i think uic is a great school and might be going there in the fall... but how do u know they dont submit and that is why they arent ranked? This is really interesting to me.... bc uic is a good school and isnt ranked.. .but that happens to a lot of pretty good schools like gw, and others...

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
UIC does submit data to US news. It is ranked 61st for reserach.

I'd choose MCW if I'm a non-IL resident and UIC if i'm a IL resident

chitown82 said:

chitown82

10+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
rjb said:
i think uic is a great school and might be going there in the fall... but how do u know they dont submit and that is why they arent ranked? This is really interesting to me.... bc uic is a good school and isnt ranked.. .but that happens to a lot of pretty good schools like gw, and others...
ive heard this on sdn before...that they don't submit data. however, i did ask during my interview and the admin confirmed this

rjb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2004
Status
hell ya, i just found this shortcut through sdn... if you have premium membership you search uic med school... then you compare it to others... uic is ranked 61, better than gw, and a lot of other schools...

uic is in chitown, which is much doper than milwaukee... my cuz goes to mcw, its a gorgeous school and the city is cool, but come on... chicago has the bulls hahaha

YzIa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2004
Status
rjb said:
hell ya, i just found this shortcut through sdn... if you have premium membership you search uic med school... then you compare it to others... uic is ranked 61, better than gw, and a lot of other schools...

uic is in chitown, which is much doper than milwaukee... my cuz goes to mcw, its a gorgeous school and the city is cool, but come on... chicago has the bulls hahaha
and milwaukee has the bucks
:eek:

OP
D

DrOwen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Chicago,IL
Visit site
Status
Any idea on how the matching of each school? What kind of residencies do ppl get into from each school ? If it was one of the non-chicago campuses @ uic. Is it still worth it?

DoctorG

15+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2003
Detroit Michigan
Status
Attending Physician
About the Ads