• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

which one?

• UIC

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • SIU

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • SLU

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters
About the Ads

opus03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2002
Lost in Chicago
Status (Visible)
Well since you have SIU on the pole too I'll comment on that. Yeah it's not in the greatest location (which is why I'm not there) but they have very happy students and an innovative cirriculum. It's also the cheapest of the 3 if you're an IL resident. If you don't like SIU then I'd go to UIC since it's cheaper.....and Chicago is much better than STL.
Also, I spent a year at SLU undergrad and interiewed there for med school and I didn't experience any "jesuit influence" while there. I guess it really depends on your personal perceptions though.
Good luck and pick whichever place will make you the happiest!

M

moops

Alright- for the *jesuit* part of it, I totally feel no influence at all. I mean, OF COURSE the classes are so diverse that people dont' choose it on the basis of jesuit or not jesuit, people don't have that kind of liberty with med school like they did with undergrad and whatnot. But I would feel awkward if i felt the jesuit hand upon my shoulder, and i don't. Plus i get along GREAT with the father in the ... whatever u call it... um... churchy room in the med school building? he always has hot cocoa there, and other snacks, and other good stuff and couches so i go there all the time between classes. and i'm sure he knows i'm not jesuit. not many of us browns are :)

but yeah, i had choice between my state school, MU, and SLU (as well as a couple other out of state schools) and i'm pretty happy. mu's having a financial crunch right now, and they are in kind of a tight spot. but anyways, don't worry about the jesuit thing AT ALL. i know someone who got into your schools (this interview season actually) as well as rush, wisconsin, and a number of other schools, and is coming to slu because it really does have an awesome future, especially for those entering right now. if you are into research, check this website out, its' pretty amazing (researchbuilding.slu.edu).

good luck in your decison dawg.

toomuch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I never applied to Harvard anyway. I don't plan on trying to save the world or being some political puppet. I'd volunteer for other causes in other places of the world if I was needed, but I plan on living and practicing in my own little part of the world that still need doctors too.

toomuch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
My troll alarm was off for a moment, I didn't take him that seriously to begin with anyway. It won't happen again.

bokermmk

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2003
Status (Visible)
I have the same decision toomuch after eliminating Rush (well, unless I get into Pitt in which case I will go there) and I think I am leaning towards UIC. The are just as many research opps and the match lists are comparable. UIC is pretty expensive for a state school though- about 155K for 4 years. So I dunno. We will see I guess.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.