UIC vs University of Cinncinnati vs University of Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IBM27AKA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys this is my first post, but I was wondering if you had a choice which one of these schools would attend. I am applying MD/Phd. So what have you heard about these in general. And where would you go. Your honest opinions would be greatly appreciated.:)

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, after i visited univ of cincinnati, i never wanted to go back to that school. THe school is FULL of construction, its ugly, the walls disgusting, the building depressing looking, i understand that the school will eventually finish construction, but when? i dont want to be there while they are having construction, and yes i know the school is ranked, but you have to be there for a while so you better enjoy the environment, so i wouldnt pick university of cincy, i dont know much about the other two schools

Personally, after i visited univ of cincinnati, i never wanted to go back to that school. THe school is FULL of construction, its ugly, the walls disgusting, the building depressing looking, i understand that the school will eventually finish construction, but when? i dont want to be there while they are having construction, and yes i know the school is ranked, but you have to be there for a while so you better enjoy the environment, so i wouldnt pick university of cincy, i dont know much about the other two schools

I'm a first year at UC and I can honestly say that the construction has little to no effect on my education whatsoever. Indoor construction only takes place after 3pm. Yeah, it doesn't look as nice now but renovation and construction work are probably what every medical school or school in general have to go through sooner or later. From what I've heard, most (if not all) of the construction in the new medical science building (where you will attend lectures first and second years) will be done by this summer. It should be really nice once its completed. There is an adjacent new building (called the CARE building I believe?) that will take another year, but should have no effect on you.

UC has a number of great programs (pediatrics, EM just to name a few). I don't know about UIC or Louisville because I've never been there. Oh, and did I mention that you can get ohio state residency after a year? So, you will be able to pay in-state tuition after your first year if you carefully follow their guidelines in changing to ohio residency.

Coming from the west coast myself, I have to say that Cincinnati is not as fun as some of the larger cities I've lived in. But I don't think it will be worse than Louisville. Chicago is probably fun but the cost of living will definitely be higher.

Hi guys this is my first post, but I was wondering if you had a choice which one of these schools would attend. I am applying MD/Phd. So what have you heard about these in general. And where would you go. Your honest opinions would be greatly appreciated.:)

Never mind. Tuition probably doesn't apply to MD/PhD's :)