Uic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruinkid

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
is the curriculum at each campus for the university of illinois at chicago different? i mean...how do people choose which campus they want to go to?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah i believe it is different.
b/c in the bulletin they have 4 different sectios discussing the curriculum in each of the 4 locations.

just go to their website and check out their bulletin-- it's really long though.

are you actually considering not coming to the chicago? i hear people really love peoria -- and they have better than a 90% 1st choice match rate.

hey.

here are some of the difference I know from word of mouth about the differences between the chicago and urbana track in case you dont' want to read that stuff

Chicago track has one midterm every monday for a while.
Urbana has all their midterms during a traditional midterm week

Chicago class size big (forgot the actual numbers)
Urbana class size <50 or 40

and some of the other obvious ones....chicago big patient population an actual city...etc.

With the match rate %. I highly doubt its because Urbana has better facilities and teachers. You have to ask where are they matching, the programs, and if it was just a fluke that year.

To be frank, most people pick Chicago first and USUALLY it is the very qualified ones who get an acceptance first. I would say the Urbana track is usually comprised of people who were accepted late and had no choice or part of UIC gauranteed program there.

Members don't see this ad :)
My good friend asked for Chicago but did not get it he has very high numbers. He is in Urbana now. He says it is much better than Chicago and that he would choose Urbana over Chicago if I get in this year. His reasoning had to do with the way the tests were given out the smaller class size.

Originally posted by keptium

To be frank, most people pick Chicago first and USUALLY it is the very qualified ones who get an acceptance first. I would say the Urbana track is usually comprised of people who were accepted late and had no choice or part of UIC gauranteed program there.

Most of the people in Urbana choose to go there because of the md/phd program, not because of late acceptance.

Incidentally, the md/phd program is rather unique in that it allows one to get a phd in any area (science or nonscience).