Uic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

travoltage

Crank up the travoltage!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if anyone here is currently attending or was accepted to uic mph, how selective is admissions? im really anxious now since i read that the acceptance rate is approx 37%, lower than ivy and other top programs. can someone expand on this.

my stats:

gpa: 3.3
major: biochemistry/molecular biology
tons of research, volunteer, ec's
gre: 1200's

Members don't see this ad.

Many schools trying to build a reputation have low acceptance rates...I was accepted in to the Epi program @ UIC but decided not to attend, my GRE scores weren't great, but I have work and research experience

I'm applying to CHS at UIC and am also a bit nervous about the acceptance rate. It's been tough getting in touch with program staff and of course there's no polite way to inquire about the low acceptance rate! Does anyone have any feedback on the quality of the CHS program (Comm. Health Sciences) there?

Members don't see this ad :)
im applying to the health policy and administration track. i want to get into healthcare consulting so i figure this is the best track besides mha

I'm applying to UIC CHS track too. Those acceptance rates scared the bejeezus out of me. And I had specifically avoided picking any of the top 10 schools to apply to bc I had figured, "what's the point" I wanna hear what it's like at UIC too...

I am currently an MPH-EPI student at UIC. I got accepted in to UIC with decent GRE scores and I had a year of work experience in clinical research. The EPI department is decent at UIC. From what I have heard from friends in other departments, the HPA department at UIC has some of the best professors (a combination of JD/MD/DrPH and PHD).