• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Uic

travoltage

Crank up the travoltage!
10+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2007
  1. Pre-Medical
if anyone here is currently attending or was accepted to uic mph, how selective is admissions? im really anxious now since i read that the acceptance rate is approx 37%, lower than ivy and other top programs. can someone expand on this.

my stats:

gpa: 3.3
major: biochemistry/molecular biology
tons of research, volunteer, ec's
gre: 1200's

Upvote 0

UnsunnedSnow

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2008
  1. Other Health Professions Student
I'm applying to CHS at UIC and am also a bit nervous about the acceptance rate. It's been tough getting in touch with program staff and of course there's no polite way to inquire about the low acceptance rate! Does anyone have any feedback on the quality of the CHS program (Comm. Health Sciences) there?

Upvote 0
About the Ads

honeysuckle

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
I'm applying to UIC CHS track too. Those acceptance rates scared the bejeezus out of me. And I had specifically avoided picking any of the top 10 schools to apply to bc I had figured, "what's the point" I wanna hear what it's like at UIC too...

Upvote 0

teshi1

10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2007
Chicago, IL
I am currently an MPH-EPI student at UIC. I got accepted in to UIC with decent GRE scores and I had a year of work experience in clinical research. The EPI department is decent at UIC. From what I have heard from friends in other departments, the HPA department at UIC has some of the best professors (a combination of JD/MD/DrPH and PHD).

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.