UICand Temple! Please read!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclaguy32

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my status on the UIC webpage has changed and I am waiting for my final decision in the mail. Has anyone with a decision change received their final notice yet? If I am accepted to UIC then I will cancel my interview for this Wednesday at Temple. Please let me know how long it usually takes to receive the letter in the mail and if you would like to take my interview slot if I am accepted.:)

Members don't see this ad.

oh, and i interviewed on 11/04...anyone who interviewed then know if they got in?

uclaguy32 said:
oh, and i interviewed on 11/04...anyone who interviewed then know if they got in?

I interviewed on Oct 31 and just received my acceptance today (big envelope). My status page said the following: "A final decision was made on your application on 11-21-05. Please allow two-weeks to receive the correspondence in the mail. If you do not receive this correspondence in two-weeks, please contact the Admissions Office. No decision will be given over the telephone." That makes it a 5 day turn around period. I hope that helps!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations! that's what my status page says also... i hope that i get the "big envelope" too!

I had my interview at UIC on 10/19, my status page said my decision was made 11/21, and I just got my big envelope today (11/26) :) I'm excited - I really wanted to stay in Chicago. Funny enough, my first interview was at Temple, I got in but I'm not going to go there. Good luck - I hope you hear soon, and keep us updated!

Anybody here with the UIC stuff applying to/hear from other Chicago schools? I'd love to talk to others about that...

congrats to you too!

uclaguy32 said:
congratulations! that's what my status page says also... i hope that i get the "big envelope" too!

Thanks so much. Good luck to you. I hope you got in as well. Let us know!! :oops: :luck: :oops:

My status changed on-line as well for 11/21, but I'm actually in Chicago and I know my letter is sitting in my mailbox in DC. My question though is, has anyone had the final decision made and that decision be a rejection or wait listed?

EFuller said:
My status changed on-line as well for 11/21, but I'm actually in Chicago and I know my letter is sitting in my mailbox in DC. My question though is, has anyone had the final decision made and that decision be a rejection or wait listed?
b

I got in to UIC...thanks everyone for the support. Good luck to everyone else!

Congrats! Maybe I'll see you next fall :)

uclaguy32 said:
I got in to UIC...thanks everyone for the support. Good luck to everyone else!

How were you invited to the interview (email/U.S. mail)? Did the status change in the online application check-up system?

I noticed first that my status changed online - you'll get a grid that shows possible interview dates and locations - it will also say the date your interview letter is mailed out. The interview letter you get will give you the number to call to schedule your interview.

For my application, I noticed that UIC is pretty good about updating stuff right as it changes (since I compulsively checked it everyday). So I'd look there first, it will allow you to expect the snail mail followup.