UIUC student w/ 3.30 GPA, MCAT ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

World Traveler

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am going to be a senior at the University of Illinois-Urbana/Champaign majoring in Molecular and Cellular Biology (Pre-Med).

GPA: 3.30

MCAT: (I just took it last Thursday, so I don't know yet)

Extracurriculars: Member of Alpha Xi Delta Sorority, Historian for Phi Delta Epsilon (a Pre-Med fraternity)

Experience: I have worked at my local hospital for the last 5 summers doing everything from working in sterile processing and patient transport to doing research in the fields of Neurosurgery and Sleep medicine. Also have shadowed physicians in primary care, the ER, as well as neurosurgery and general surgery.

LORs: Have a couple lined up am not quite sure how strong they will be minus one that I have received from the physician I worked with in Sleep Medicine.

I was just curious what you guys thought my chances were of getting into medical school and whether or not I should wait to apply and work on getting better LORs. I would much rather apply now, but I want to do everything I can to make my chances as good as possible. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I know this has nothing to do with your question, but I was wondering how you like Phi Delta Epsilon. I am going to apply this year. Hopefully I get an interview and get in. Good luck!