UK c/o 2023 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
EF217BDB-43E3-4B6A-B8AA-2A0D493D8C14.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Heyy y'all! I applied to Edinburgh. Anyone hear from them yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was reading some old threads and was wondering if anyone knows if Dublin still accepts some students without offering them an interview first? And the interviews are for those who do not necessarily meet all the prereqs?

Good morning! For those of you who interviewed with RVC this past weekend, how did it go? I know you can’t say specifics, but was it more/less stressful than you anticipated? Did any part of the interview leave you stumped?
Thanks! I hope you all did well, good luck :)

Good morning! For those of you who interviewed with RVC this past weekend, how did it go? I know you can’t say specifics, but was it more/less stressful than you anticipated? Did any part of the interview leave you stumped?
Thanks! I hope you all did well, good luck :)
Hey I interviewed with them in Philly this week, and it was actually awesome! So chill and I loved the MMI format - it was kinda fun. I am a super nervous person, so if I am saying you'll be fine and don't need to be nervous, then it is definitely true. :)

Hey I interviewed with them in Philly this week, and it was actually awesome! So chill and I loved the MMI format - it was kinda fun. I am a super nervous person, so if I am saying you'll be fine and don't need to be nervous, then it is definitely true. :)
Thank you for the response! I hear it’s easy going, I’m just nervous on what to expect!

Heyy y'all! I applied to Edinburgh. Anyone hear from them yet?
I also applied to Edinburgh, and nope haven’t heard anything. I did do some digging online and believe their international interviews fall in Jan/Feb, so it’s possible we won’t even hear about interviews until mid-late December.

Just finished my interview with RVC! Everyone was very nice.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an interview invite with Edinburgh!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also got an invite! Mine is scheduled in New York, too!

Is everyone who’s gotten an invite from the east coast? Stressed out west coaster here...
(Also, so they usually do it geographically?)

Is everyone who’s gotten an invite from the east coast? Stressed out west coaster here...
(Also, so they usually do it geographically?)
I’m an east coaster. They did mention in their email that they’re holding interviews in San Fran as well so maybe they’re waiting to tell west coasters?

Just wondering, did anyone get a confirmation email from Edinburgh about a completed application?

I did not receive a confirmation (or anything for that matter) from Edinburgh before the interview offer came in, I’m scheduled for February 11 in NYC.

Also, interviewed with Glasgow in Boston on Saturday November 17 and just received an acceptance via email.

Those were my only two UK apps.

Wishing you all the best of luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted to Glasgow!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Alright folks, I hate to ask, but if we have not received an interview offer from Edinburgh should I just take that as a rejection (read that as I haven't heard a peep from Edinburgh and have been constantly checking my email)? I got into Glasgow, so I have a school to go to but I'm just nervous I haven't heard anything from them at all...

Alright folks, I hate to ask, but if we have not received an interview offer from Edinburgh should I just take that as a rejection (read that as I haven't heard a peep from Edinburgh and have been constantly checking my email)? I got into Glasgow, so I have a school to go to but I'm just nervous I haven't heard anything from them at all...

I feel like from previous years threads, a lot of the rejections that I saw were from before the interview posts, and the interview invites seemed pretty spaced out.
So don’t quote me, but I haven’t lost hope yet (though it is also very possible that I’m being super naive and overly optimistic in my application..... so who knows).

I feel like from previous years threads, a lot of the rejections that I saw were from before the interview posts, and the interview invites seemed pretty spaced out.
So don’t quote me, but I haven’t lost hope yet (though it is also very possible that I’m being super naive and overly optimistic in my application..... so who knows).
I'm totally happy to receive any news that means I'm not counted out yet, so thank you! I won't completely loose hope yet but I won't hold as much hope either. Thank you!

For y'all who applied to Edinburgh, are you from the US or from the UK? I am from the US and have an interview in February.

So I was wondering, I haven't received a rejection from Edinburgh from this morning (checked spam and the like) but I also haven''t received and invitation to interview. What does that mean? Being in limbo is really stressful! (Read banging head against the wall and continuously checking email)

For y'all who applied to Edinburgh, are you from the US or from the UK? I am from the US and have an interview in February.
I am from the US and they want me to interview in February but I will decline.
So I was wondering, I haven't received a rejection from Edinburgh from this morning (checked spam and the like) but I also haven''t received and invitation to interview. What does that mean? Being in limbo is really stressful! (Read banging head against the wall and continuously checking email)
Hmm, maybe you’re on an imaginary waitlist? I have until Decmber 7th to RSVP for the interview but will decline. I’m accepting Sydney’s offer. Maybe you’ll hear after the deadline? I received my invite on 11/20

Anyone interview with RVC and hear back yet? I know they said they try to get some acceptances sent out this side of Christmas.

Anyone interview with RVC and hear back yet? I know they said they try to get some acceptances sent out this side of Christmas.
Don't stress - they haven't even started the UK interviews yet (a full week and a half before Christmas) - suspect they might process a few offers before the end of December, but hang on in there.

Don't stress - they haven't even started the UK interviews yet (a full week and a half before Christmas) - suspect they might process a few offers before the end of December, but hang on in there.
Thank you! I know I'm being super impatient.

Still wondering when we will hear from Dublin haha

Check last cycles thread and see when they started posting about interviews and acceptances! Lots of schools usually stick to a similar time frame each year.
I did! Last year everyone heard in november, but they might just be doing it a bit different this year!

I just got an email to interview with Dublin for January 7th!! I’m so excited I’m freaking out a little bit lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone still not heard from Dublin I’m worried if I haven’t received an interview invite, it may mean rejection?

Has anyone still not heard from Dublin I’m worried if I haven’t received an interview invite, it may mean rejection?
I wouldn't worry too much yet! When I applied I didn't hear back until late December/early January (I was accepted w/out an interview). :)

Got an email today from Dublin to interview on January 10!

Reactions: 2 users
So for those of us looking at UK schools as international students, where are you all at on the moving abroad for veterinary school decision? I know this is something more to worry about after actual interviews and decisions happen, but I am already so torn on the leap that is moving abroad for four years!

For me the decision mainly comes with wanting the option to practice abroad! Some of these school are highly accredited and i could practice in many different countries! I’m also torn but I feel like some of these schools provide opportunities worth getting out of your comfort zone for (unless cost is part of the major cons, in that case debt is something not to take lightly haha)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

So for those of us looking at UK schools as international students, where are you all at on the moving abroad for veterinary school decision? I know this is something more to worry about after actual interviews and decisions happen, but I am already so torn on the leap that is moving abroad for four years!

My main reasoning for applying to schools abroad was the ability to also practice abroad and to see a different dairy and beef culture other than the varying ones in the US (Midwestern vs east coast vs west coast). I want to be a large animal or mixed practice vet and was really drawn to the idea of being able to expand my knowledge base abroad and see how it differed from what I've learned in the US. Also something that's was kind of unique was my family lives very close to a major international airport and it would be effectively the same travel time to get to a dairy school in the US versus getting anywhere in the UK, so my parents think it would be really cool for me to be able to go to a school in the UK! But yes, the debt is very real too!

Any other Canadians here applying?

I feel like the decision to go abroad for Americans is not so hard - the costs are fairly similar or in some cases cheaper.

But for Canadians that can only apply to one school we have to balance trying over and over again at the single school for cheap tuition, and going abroad and getting in somewhere for lots of debt.

For Americans: In Canada we have 5 veterinary colleges. All of them are region locked. Meaning only in-province applicants can apply (in-state). Western provinces (except Alberta) share a veterinary college, and Atlantic provinces share another. Tuition is around 10-15k CAD.

For me I finally decided that applying to UK and US schools was worth the debt. I could keep at the job I'm at for the next 3 years trying over and over to get into my province, or get in (hopefully) somewhere in the US or UK and start practicing. You only get one life afterall.

For me the decision mainly comes with wanting the option to practice abroad! Some of these school are highly accredited and i could practice in many different countries! I’m also torn but I feel like some of these schools provide opportunities worth getting out of your comfort zone for (unless cost is part of the major cons, in that case debt is something not to take lightly haha)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
That's pretty much where I'm at, the debt is really comparable to most of the places I'm looking at in the US, so it's not a major factor for me. I also was never able to study abroad as an undergrad, despite really wanting to, due to transferring in my sophomore year. It's something I deeply regret, as the closest I came was a one-week Spring break trip to London for a world religions class and I absolutely loved it. It's just a little intimidating!