UK GEP school or Carribean/DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Atrain13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm really torn with this decision. Do I go to a good UK school where I was accepted into a GEP program (4 yrs), or go to a Carribean or US DO school?

It is important for me to have an MD title, and to return to the US for residency. I feel like I would have good residency options as well coming from a good UK school. I am a US citizen as well. In all, I am leaning towards going to the UK but am still somewhat hesitant.

Would appreciate anyone who can offer advice.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm really torn with this decision. Do I go to a good UK school where I was accepted into a GEP program (4 yrs), or go to a Carribean or US DO school?

It is important for me to have an MD title, and to return to the US for residency. I feel like I would have good residency options as well coming from a good UK school. I am a US citizen as well. In all, I am leaning towards going to the UK but am still somewhat hesitant.

Would appreciate anyone who can offer advice.

Thanks.
Only you can make the decision, but keep in mind that residency directors favor applicants in the following order: U.S. medical school > foreign medical school/U.S. citizen >foreign medical school/foreign citizen.