UK IMG moving to Australia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EmRBee

Reaction score
Hello! I'm an IMG planning to take plab and do the fy1. I then plan on moving to Australia through the competent authority pathway. I want to pursue a surgery residency but it's only available to PR and citizens. Is it possible that the hospital I do my supervision (i.e. before getting the general registration) year in would sponsor me for a PR status? Or do I have to get my general registration first?
Also, if I do my core surgical training in UK can I apply for a PR as a surgeon( general) and take advance training in Australia?

I would really appreciate some light being shed on this matter. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi EmrBee, it's possible you'll have some luck getting an answer here but the go to place if you want to talk to Australian students and doctors is the pagingdr forums: Login

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi EmrBee, it's possible you'll have some luck getting an answer here but the go to place if you want to talk to Australian students and doctors is the pagingdr forums: Login

Good luck!
Ok. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I'm an IMG planning to take plab and do the fy1. I then plan on moving to Australia through the competent authority pathway. I want to pursue a surgery residency but it's only available to PR and citizens. Is it possible that the hospital I do my supervision (i.e. before getting the general registration) year in would sponsor me for a PR status? Or do I have to get my general registration first?
Also, if I do my core surgical training in UK can I apply for a PR as a surgeon( general) and take advance training in Australia?

I would really appreciate some light being shed on this matter. Thank you!