UK & Ireland Student Visa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shetland

pony
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, Does anyone know about how to get a student visa for Uk or Ireland? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, Does anyone know about how to get a student visa for Uk or Ireland? Thank you.

and when to get such a visa??

ie. once conditional offer is made or after the conditions are met?

:::: EDIT ::::
Canadian visas not US

You interviewed at UBC right? Canadians don't require a visa to enter Ireland.

Members don't see this ad :)
Arb said:
You're from B.C. right? Canadians don't require a visa to enter Ireland.

what about albertans going to the UK?

I was a bit too vague. She interviewed at UBC and UBC does not consider international students.

So once in Ireland, I'm not sure if there is more you have to do. I do not know about the UK.

It's not much. Once you arrive, you go to the immigration bureau (Aliens' office or something like that) on Burgh Quay. Bring: passport, letter of acceptance, letter confirming that you are/will be an entering student (get from student record's office or office of the registrar/similar office from your college), bank statement (requiring you to open a bank account), receipt showing you've paid tuition and that's all I can remember. Don't forget something because it's a pain in the ass to have to go back. The queue can be pretty long.

You don't have to do it right away. Usually if you get here in September or something, you have til November/December to do it. And even then if you're a little late, it doesn't really matter. So you can take time to get settled first so you can go in with all the necessary documentation.