UK/Irish Grads and CaRMS 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pattycanuck

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So who here that has done medical school in the UK or Ireland has matched to this year's CaRMS first round today?

Members don't see this ad.

Spoke to just a few today but can confirm one friend matching to Ob/Gyn in Toronto (not sure which hospital) and another matching to FM at Memorial in Newfoundland. Third friend matched to Peds in Louisville, KY. Only other person I know about (yet) failed to match into ENT or surgery in CARMS first round.

Oh yeah, those are all UCC grads BTW.

Members don't see this ad :)
One in my class matched into FM (he's going FM --> ER). One didn't apply for first round, but will wait for 2nd round (I think), and another is doing 2nd round too. I think another one matched into surgery, but I'm going to have to confirm.

someone matched into Orthopaedics at UofT from RCSI final year

2nd iteration from trinity... 2 went for it (didnt go through first match)

Winnepeg - FM
UBC - pediatric neurology

plus those before:
Queens - FM
Winnepeg - FM (significant other of the other winnepeg match)

Can an American citizen apply for residency in Canada ASWELL as the US in order to increase his chances of a match?

well, theoretically one Could... but it is harder to get into the canadian match than the american one. US recognizes Canadian students, but not vice versa. you'd still be treated as an img, i believe.

Hey Guys!

Does anyone know of any UK graduates who have matched to the first round of CaRMS or the first round in the United States???