UK/Irish Vet Schools c/o 2020/2021!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And congratulations to everybody else who received an offer (to ANY of the schools) and to those who haven't yet, yours might come tomorrow, don't lose hope yet!:prof:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to all those accepted! Still haven't heard back but i'm praying that it's not a negative sign...
Are you on the west coast? I haven't heard anything either. I think they said something about the coastal wave as it were.

I'm in Western Canada and haven't heard from RVC- perhaps this is a viable theory!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my acceptance today!!:soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you who have gotten acceptances already, was it for the 4 or 5 year program? I know it's only been a couple of days but I'm just a little nervous about not hearing anything yet, so I wasn't sure if they were releasing the acceptances based on the program as well.

For those of you who have gotten acceptances already, was it for the 4 or 5 year program? I know it's only been a couple of days but I'm just a little nervous about not hearing anything yet, so I wasn't sure if they were releasing the acceptances based on the program as well.

I got acceptance to the 4 year program at RVC

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
Ditto, 4 year. So maybe they haven't released the 5 year acceptances yet? Fingers crossed for you!

I was also accepted to the 4 year program at RVC. Hope you hear soon!

Hi all!
Just joined SDN! I was convinced and I mean CONVINCED I wouldn't get in anywhere, but I got into Dublin a few weeks ago and got my acceptance to RVC today! I also applied to all four UK/Ireland schools and have interviews with Glasgow and Edinburgh next week! WOOOO!!

Reactions: 3 users

I was also accepted to the 4 year programme :)

Congratulations again to all those who've been accepted! :claps:

For those who have yet to hear from RVC, I gave them a ring this morning and have been informed that not all applications have been addressed as yet (inclusive of acceptances and rejections) and we should be in the know by Feb 5th at the latest!

Anyone know if they are sending acceptances by states or interview dates? Most of the people in my interview group heard back so not sure if I should be worried or not

Anyone know if they are sending acceptances by states or interview dates? Most of the people in my interview group heard back so not sure if I should be worried or not
I think they are doing 4 year programs first and then 5 year (which is also how they sent out invitations if I'm not mistaken). And even if you interviewed for the 4-year you might get a 5-year offer so I wouldn't worry yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, reposting this from a different topic, but this thread seems more topical:

was wondering if anyone lately has been accepted to Edinburgh with less than 3.4?

I'm a non traditional student (received a degree in math and computer science, but with a low GPA (3.0) in 2003). I've taken all of my science pre-reqs in the past few years and have a 3.95 for all of my prereqs. so my science GPA and last 45 are very high but my cumulative because of my past degree put me below a 3.4

I emailed them and it sounds like they are saying unless i take a "2 year pre-vet programme" then they will have to count my last bachelors degree and if i dont have a cumulative of >3.4 i wont be considered, but it seems based off and older forum topic, some people have actually got accepted with below a 3.4 cGPA.

Anyways just curious of recent students experiences or if I shouldn't waste my time/money applying.

I'd like to know as well.

I'm also wondering if they will be sending acceptances over the weekend...I'm dying here!

I'd like to know as well.

I'm also wondering if they will be sending acceptances over the weekend...I'm dying here!
Last year acceptances for Edinburgh went out toward the end of February.

Hey, reposting this from a different topic, but this thread seems more topical:

was wondering if anyone lately has been accepted to Edinburgh with less than 3.4?

I'm a non traditional student (received a degree in math and computer science, but with a low GPA (3.0) in 2003). I've taken all of my science pre-reqs in the past few years and have a 3.95 for all of my prereqs. so my science GPA and last 45 are very high but my cumulative because of my past degree put me below a 3.4

I emailed them and it sounds like they are saying unless i take a "2 year pre-vet programme" then they will have to count my last bachelors degree and if i dont have a cumulative of >3.4 i wont be considered, but it seems based off and older forum topic, some people have actually got accepted with below a 3.4 cGPA.

Anyways just curious of recent students experiences or if I shouldn't waste my time/money applying.
Hopefully someone will come along and answer this specifically for Edinburgh, but as a slight glimmer of hope... I applied to Glasgow this cycle, which has the same GPA requirement (3.4 cumulative, 3.0 science), similarly worried about wasting my time and money, with only a 3.2. I have an interview this coming week, so I'm definitely still being considered, it seems. Granted, my science GPA is a lot higher, so that probably helped.

Anyone interviewing tomorrow for Glasgow?

I'm on Wednesday too! Good luck everyone!

:hello:

I'm interviewing for Glasgow this Thursday! I'm so anxious that I'm going to wind up bombing it...

Best of luck, everyone!

I'm on Wednesday! And after reading some of the responses in the interview feedback section, I'm a little terrified..

I interviewed today & it really was not stressful. The info session was great and the interview & ethics questionnaire weren't stressful, actually pretty low key. The people I interviewed with were really fun and it was more of a conversation with lots of laughing than an intense interview. Good luck everyone!!

I interviewed today & it really was not stressful. The info session was great and the interview & ethics questionnaire weren't stressful, actually pretty low key. The people I interviewed with were really fun and it was more of a conversation with lots of laughing than an intense interview. Good luck everyone!!
That does help calm my nerves some. I was really afraid they'd ask, say, medically related questions, or at least ones that were a bit more intense, but it's nice to hear that it was conversational and laid back.

Thank you! I'm glad that you enjoyed it, and best of luck for whenever we start hearing back! :)

That does help calm my nerves some. I was really afraid they'd ask, say, medically related questions, or at least ones that were a bit more intense, but it's nice to hear that it was conversational and laid back.

Thank you! I'm glad that you enjoyed it, and best of luck for whenever we start hearing back! :)

Thanks, you too! Definitely nothing to stress out about. Most of the questions they asked seemed to be less right vs. wrong answer and more so trying to gauge your general thought process & opinions. Just be yourself and have fun with it :)

I thankfully received my offer from RVC today. That said, the admissions office did inform me that offers will be going out until this Friday. As stressful as it is being in the dark, keep your hopes up! a response could very well be on its way tonight!

I thankfully received my offer from RVC today. That said, the admissions office did inform me that offers will be going out until this Friday. As stressful as it is being in the dark, keep your hopes up! a response could very well be on its way tonight!
4 or 5 year?

I'm glad zenya's experience was not stressful. Mine was lighthearted and there was a lot of laughing, but I definitely got grilled hard. Including stuff about medical knowledge. I don't know if the conversation just took that turn or if he was having fun with me because the first part of the interview went so well, but mine definitely took a turn and got me very flustered. I don't mean to scare anyone, just a heads up in case you get the mischievous one. Still, fun and lots of laughing, but I've never left an interview feeling so completely unsure of how it actually went.

Got my RVC acceptance today! (4 year) I was getting worried about not hearing from them, so those of you who are still waiting, hang in there! :D

I got my RVC acceptance for the 4 year program today as well!

Accepted to RVC - 5 year program!

Reactions: 4 users
Also accepted to 5 year program at RVC! But my date to accept/decline is February 9. Why is this so? I wanted to wait to hear from other schools before confirming anything.... :(

Also accepted to 5 year program at RVC! But my date to accept/decline is February 9. Why is this so? I wanted to wait to hear from other schools before confirming anything.... :(
That's weird. Mine says 4/15. Maybe email them?

I'll find out....eventually. West Coast problems :p

Got accepted to RVC - 5 year program!

I was accepted to the 4 year program at RVC and I received my email yesterday! My first acceptance yay!

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an acceptance to RVC's 4 year program this morning!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats, guys! You're going to be vets! ❤️

Just got out of my Glasgow interview! Joyce and the others are SO nice. And that presentation made me super excited about possibly going! I don't know how I feel about the interview itself, though. I think I really nailed some questions but bombed others. And I kept stumbling over my words, which probably didn't help. But there was quite a bit of laughter and it went by very quickly, and I'd say I still definitely had a good time! I think I've fallen in love with this school! Haha.

Congrats, guys! You're going to be vets! ❤️

Just got out of my Glasgow interview! Joyce and the others are SO nice. And that presentation made me super excited about possibly going! I don't know how I feel about the interview itself, though. I think I really nailed some questions but bombed others. And I kept stumbling over my words, which probably didn't help. But there was quite a bit of laughter and it went by very quickly, and I'd say I still definitely had a good time! I think I've fallen in love with this school! Haha.

^I felt similarly about my interview, I couldn't tell whether or not they really liked me or thought I was a ridiculous human being. I wonder when we'll hear?!

It seemed like there was a pretty quick turnaround last year, but i just keep telling myself March 1st for everything so I don't psyche myself out. If I get an email earlier, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

So for those of you that have the RVC as your first pick, did you just email them and say yes to the offer? I mean, is that it? Haha I am so worried I am missing something, because I emailed them and told them YEEEEES THANK YOU, I will be there in September!! (though a little more formal.. :happy:) but thats all the steps we need to make to officially accept the offer correct?

So for those of you that have the RVC as your first pick, did you just email them and say yes to the offer? I mean, is that it? Haha I am so worried I am missing something, because I emailed them and told them YEEEEES THANK YOU, I will be there in September!! (though a little more formal.. :happy:) but thats all the steps we need to make to officially accept the offer correct?
I'm pretty sure you have to send them money too...

People say they're easier to get into, is that actually true?

Just got accepted to University of Glasgow!

Reactions: 6 users
Just received an acceptance at Glasgow as well!

Just got accepted to Glasgow!