UK/Irish Vet Schools c/o 2021/2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys! A friend of mine mentioned that I should post my blog here as it may help some of you. I'm a first year vet student at Dublin from the States and have written some posts about life here and how the school has been a little different than what I'm used to (not in a bad way). Overall, I really like it here and I would be happy to answer any questions you all may have if I can. Feel free to message me here or from the blog and I will try to get back to you as quickly as I can! Here is the link to my blog: https://avetstudentabroad.wordpress.com

Best of luck with all of your admissions/interviews!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard anything from Royal? They said they'd probably start sending them out mid-January, but that we could hear up through the end of February if I remember correctly. The letter they gave us in the interview says different dates, but that's what I remember from the interview presentation.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone heard anything from Royal? They said they'd probably start sending them out mid-January, but that we could hear up through the end of February if I remember correctly. The letter they gave us in the interview says different dates, but that's what I remember from the interview presentation.

I looked at the thread from last year and it looks like most people were informed late January-early February (with the 4-year program applicants hearing before the 5-year program applicants), at least those who are active on this website. Hopefully that holds true this year, the wait is killing me!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well I doubt they send acceptance emails over the weekend, so looks like if we don't hear from them by 11am ct today (aka 5pm in London), we'll have to wait until next week at the earliest. Good luck everyone!

Ahhhh this is my first post on SDN... I've been lurking this site a ton for the last few years but never got around to making an account :oops: But I figured it was finally time to get off my butt and join the community here since I got accepted to RVC (my dream school) today!!!! :happy:

So yes, they're starting the process of sending out offers, it seems! (My friend told me that another girl in her lecture got accepted as well and screamed about it in the middle of class haha)

Reactions: 4 users
Ahhhh this is my first post on SDN... I've been lurking this site a ton for the last few years but never got around to making an account :oops: But I figured it was finally time to get off my butt and join the community here since I got accepted to RVC (my dream school) today!!!! :happy:

So yes, they're starting the process of sending out offers, it seems! (My friend told me that another girl in her lecture got accepted as well and screamed about it in the middle of class haha)

Wow, that's amazing! Congrats! If I may ask, where/what date did you interview, and is this for the 4 or 5 year program? Thanks! :)

Wow, that's amazing! Congrats! If I may ask, where/what date did you interview, and is this for the 4 or 5 year program? Thanks! :)

November 12 in New York, for the 4 year program!

CONGRATULATIONS CHERUBI!! That is huge and I'm so happy for you!

In other news, time to break my F5 button. ☺

Reactions: 1 user

Congratulations! It's the best feeling ever :)

Thank you everyone!! You're all too kind :biglove:

Good luck to the rest of you as well!! Waiting is definitely one of the hardest parts of this whole process, but it won't be much longer, hang in there :xf:

Last edited:
Hi! I'm another long time lurker as well. Got my acceptance to RVC on Thursday. Thought I'd share to help people know that they have started sending out acceptances! :)

Do you mind posting your stats, @cherubi?

Oh boy, I'm kind of embarrassed to do so, haha.... they're not anything stellar and I was pretty worried about it, to be honest. But absolutely, I'll throw up a post in the Successful Applicant Stats thread in a bit!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I'm another long time lurker as well. Got my acceptance to RVC on Thursday. Thought I'd share to help people know that they have started sending out acceptances! :)

Congrats! What was your interview location/date?

Oh boy, I'm kind of embarrassed to do so, haha.... they're not anything stellar and I was pretty worried about it, to be honest. But absolutely, I'll throw up a post in the Successful Applicant Stats thread in a bit!
Congrats! What was your interview location/date?

The interview location/date is completely inconsequential in determining when you will find out, if that's why you're asking. They already said at the interview that all interviews would be completed before they sent out offers and when you had yours vs. others wouldn't have any bearing on when you would find out about admissions.

Yeah, I interviewed in NYC on or around the 12? I honestly don't remember the date. But mine was for the 5 year program. So I don't know if that means they are putting them all out at the same time, or staggering them?

The interview location/date is completely inconsequential in determining when you will find out, if that's why you're asking. They already said at the interview that all interviews would be completed before they sent out offers and when you had yours vs. others wouldn't have any bearing on when you would find out about admissions.

One of my classmates said he was interviewing this week, so I don't think interviews are over. maybe the location/date does determine when you find out? not sure though

One of my classmates said he was interviewing this week, so I don't think interviews are over. maybe the location/date does determine when you find out? not sure though

Is he international? Because all of the international interviews should be concluded by now, but I think I do recall them saying that interviews for UK citizens would still be going on much later.

Yeah, I interviewed in NYC on or around the 12? I honestly don't remember the date. But mine was for the 5 year program. So I don't know if that means they are putting them all out at the same time, or staggering them?

Well it's certainly possible then I suppose, I interviewed on 11/19 in Los Angeles but I feel like I remember them saying they'd just be going out in waves, you must be one of the lucky ones who found out from the first wave. But it's nice to know another 5-year has found out already, I had thought maybe only the 4-years would be finding out this early.

Just recieved an email that i was accepted to RVC for the four year program!!

I was accepted into the 5 year program at RVC today!

Reactions: 5 users
I got an email today accepted into the 4 year program!

Congratulations everyone! Am I correct in assuming that y'all interviewed in New York?

Yup! I interviewed on the 13th

Interesting, sounds like there might be a trend with the people who have found out so far even though they told us at the interview that when/where you interviewed wouldn't matter. Hopefully that means that those of us who interviewed a week later than all of you NYC's will be finding out soon!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got my acceptance today for RVC. It is a conditional offer where I have to have letters stating that I had a minimum of two weeks of animal volunteer experience. Does any one know what two weeks experience equates to in hours at RVC?

Anyone interview with UCD in NYC or San Fran this week? Wondering if anyone happened to ask when we should expect to hear.

I just got my acceptance today for RVC. It is a conditional offer where I have to have letters stating that I had a minimum of two weeks of animal volunteer experience. Does any one know what two weeks experience equates to in hours at RVC?

Just ask them maybe? Congrats on your acceptance!
And what other animal related experience do you have? I haven't heard of anyone getting a conditional offer such as this before.

Last edited:
Just ask them maybe? Congrats on your acceptance!
And what other animal related experience do you have? I haven't heard of anyone getting a conditional offer such as this before.

I volunteer at a wildlife rehabilitation and I also spent three weeks in Bali working at a sea turtle rescue center. I will email them on Monday! I'm just impatient and wanted to know right away :p

I got the same conditional offer. I remember asking about the letters before my interview ( at that point I couldn't get it on such short notice) and they said it just has to be 2 or more weeks and since April 2015. I would assume at least part time hours but it sounds like you'll have no problem there if you volunteer regularly. I asked about working with foaling mares during a equine repro class and they said that was fine and I didn't have exact hours for that. I think they just want to make sure you've actually touched animals not just shadowed. Hope that helps. Now it looks like I'll actually have to get my letter:)

Does anybody know on average how many students they interview for the 4 year program at RVC and the percentage of students who get accepted? Thanks, waiting patiently to hear back. Interviewed in LA on weekend of Nov. 18.

Does anybody know on average how many students they interview for the 4 year program at RVC and the percentage of students who get accepted? Thanks, waiting patiently to hear back. Interviewed in LA on weekend of Nov. 18.

Hey! I also interviewed that weekend. I don't remember the exact figures off the top of my head, but I do know they put the numbers in the presentation, which they sent us a copy of. :)

In 2015:
4 Year program - 388 applicants, 195 offers, 88 enrollments
5 Year program - 820 applicants, 322 offers, 168 enrollments

Stats taken from the interview presentation.

In 2015:
4 Year program - 388 applicants, 195 offers, 88 enrollments
5 Year program - 820 applicants, 322 offers, 168 enrollments

Stats taken from the interview presentation.
Thanks, I forgot they sent that out. Those are decent odds for everyone!:)

Thanks, I forgot they sent that out. Those are decent odds for everyone!:)
Yeah. If I haven't heard anything by Thursday or Friday this next week I'm going to give them a call and see where they're at with the process. This wait is excruciating.

[hQUOTE="Vermonster802, post: 18562478, member: 825289"]Yeah. If I haven't heard anything by Thursday or Friday this next week I'm going to give them a call and see where they're at with the process. This wait is excruciating.[/QUOTE]

They said if you haven't heard anything by mid-February, then you should contact them, but until then assume no news is good news - that they're seriously evaluating your application.

Yeah, I remember. I just saw in the thread from last year that someone contacted them around this point last year and they were given a timeline for the remaining decisions.

Accepted to Glasgow! :)

Seeing as you were accepted to Glasgow, I have an interview with them coming up in a little over a week in NYC with them. Could you tell me some of the questions I should expect?

Yeah, I remember. I just saw in the thread from last year that someone contacted them around this point last year and they were given a timeline for the remaining decisions.

Oh that's nice that they tell us!

Y'ALL I GOT ACCEPTED TO RVC THIS MORNING!! I was at work and my entire team basically hugged me lmao best feeling ever. :)

I was at the Dallas interview on the 13th, just fyi.

Has anyone interviewed at Edinburgh before that could share about their experience? Thanks!

Has anyone interviewed at Edinburgh before that could share about their experience? Thanks!

Not me, but a good friend of mine is attending Edinburgh now and she told me about her interview from two years ago. It sounded pretty similar to RVC actually: MMI, some traditional interview questions mixed with ethical questions mixed with stations that seemed to come out of left field (like one where you had to complete a physical task). She also said the interviewers were all super nice and understanding about nerves :)

Not sure how much more detail I'm allowed to get into...

Not me, but a good friend of mine is attending Edinburgh now and she told me about her interview from two years ago. It sounded pretty similar to RVC actually: MMI, some traditional interview questions mixed with ethical questions mixed with stations that seemed to come out of left field (like one where you had to complete a physical task). She also said the interviewers were all super nice and understanding about nerves :)

Not sure how much more detail I'm allowed to get into...

Thanks! It's nice hear they understand nerves. :)

They publish on their website the titles of each MMI station:

• Work Experience
  • Career Exploration and Awareness of being a Professional
  • Scientific Data Interpretation
  • Awareness of Animal Welfare
  • Moral and Ethical Dilemma
  • Practical Manual Task
  • Numeracy
So I at least know that, but if anyone has any other tips that would be great, too!

I also just got accepted to the 5 year program at RVC!! Applied for the 4 year but this is works too lol

I interviewed in London Dec 2nd