UK med student determined to crush Step 1 - Help with study plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inglisred

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
As mentioned above, I'm a non-US citizen in a UK medical school and I want to take the Step 1 ideally 10-11 months from now.

Unfortunately, UK med schools don't emphasise basic sciences enough, and physiology, anatomy, and embryology teaching is subpar. I am very comfortable with pathology however.

Right now I'm trying to go through the FA book, starting with systems first. I try to memorise embryology cold, use High Yield Gross Anatomy (the relevant bits) with Anatomy, use BRS physiology with Physio, Pathoma with Pathology, and currently my Pharm strategy is undecided. Trying to adapt to Sketchy pharm.

For Neuroanatomy I'm trying to use a combination of Najeeb and High Yield Neuroanatomy with FA, as my neuro is very poor. So far no complaints.

I also use the Bros Deck 2.0 just to help memorise the content on FA, and am testing the waters with Zanki. I use the custom study option to go through all the cards throughout the week, but is there a popular method.

Currently I'm in my 4th year (we have five) and I'm doing clinical rotations around different specialities. Most of what I need to study is path without the pathophysiology, my only issue is balancing med school vs. Step 1 (I've been giving Step 1 a lot of time).

I want some help refining my Step 1 study pattern. Some aspects of the Step were never touched in medical school, so I'm at a disadvantage. I'd appreciate any and all advice.

Sent from my SM-G935F using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.