UK Pharmacy School to American Medical School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HerrHyde

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am wondering is it possible for a second year UK Pharmacy Student to take the MCAT and apply for US/CAN Medical Schools. From what I know pre-requisite courses (ex. college courses). But my course doesn't allow me to pick what courses I take; I only take one course, MPharm. But are some of them already covered within the Pharmacy Degree?

Members don't see this ad.

I am wondering is it possible for a second year UK Pharmacy Student to take the MCAT and apply for US/CAN Medical Schools. From what I know pre-requisite courses (ex. college courses). But my course doesn't allow me to pick what courses I take; I only take one course, MPharm. But are some of them already covered within the Pharmacy Degree?
I'm assuming you would be an international applicant? AMCAS, the primary MD application service, doesn't accept foreign transcripts, so you'd have to get into a US or Canadian baccalaureate degree program to have a chance. AACOMAS, the DO med school application service does accept foreign transcripts, but they have specific prerequisite requirements that need to be listed on a transcript. I'm sure that some of your background coursework in Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Physics, Math, and English would help you get better grades if you decide to start over again in another country.

I don't know how Canadian med schools would view your applicant status.