UK Trained Rad Oncologist, looking for alternative pathway of rad onco in US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rebelpig

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows practicing IMGs who finished their training oversea and went through this
alternative pathway for 4yrs within same institution. I know some diagnostic guys from Europe got ABR board cert and work in US like this.
Is it do able?
http://www.theabr.org/ic-int-ro

Thnks

Members don't see this ad.

Has been reviewed by 100+ and no reply?

Maybe just rephase my questions? Is fellowship very popular among your guys after U gradute from your residency?

Hope I could get some replies.:clap::clap::clap:

Has been reviewed by 100+ and no reply?

Maybe just rephase my questions? Is fellowship very popular among your guys after U gradute from your residency?

Hope I could get some replies.:clap::clap::clap:

I can't answer your original question, but generally speaking fellowships are not popular/competitive for us here in the states.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone knows practicing IMGs who finished their training oversea and went through this
alternative pathway for 4yrs within same institution. I know some diagnostic guys from Europe got ABR board cert and work in US like this.
Is it do able?
http://www.theabr.org/ic-int-ro

Thnks
We have an incoming fellow who is planning a 4 yr fellowship to do exactly this. Must be careful to have a department willing/able to fund you for the entire time since if they pull the plug after <4 yrs your time is essentially lost.

We have an incoming fellow who is planning a 4 yr fellowship to do exactly this. Must be careful to have a department willing/able to fund you for the entire time since if they pull the plug after <4 yrs your time is essentially lost.
It is a big problem acutually. As most of the fellowship programme is only upto two years and you will need a prospective four years plans to apply for alternative pathway.

Can I know which institution you are from? Private or academic?