Uk--->us

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

troops

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everybody,
I didn't know where to post this, so I just did on here, hopefully it will be relevant. I am 15 years old from the UK, just about to do 12 GCSE's. I am also a green card holder and intending to reside in the US in the future. the question is, to anyone who has experience of going from the UK to the US intending to do medicine, is at what point did you integrate yourself, in terms of leaving the UK education system and somewhere starting the US education system. Also I would like to know, with what qualifications you left here, and the US accepted. Any help in this region will be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

hi everybody,
I didn't know where to post this, so I just did on here, hopefully it will be relevant. I am 15 years old from the UK, just about to do 12 GCSE's. I am also a green card holder and intending to reside in the US in the future. the question is, to anyone who has experience of going from the UK to the US intending to do medicine, is at what point did you integrate yourself, in terms of leaving the UK education system and somewhere starting the US education system. Also I would like to know, with what qualifications you left here, and the US accepted. Any help in this region will be greatly appreciated.

thank you.
Have you considered attending college (university) in the US? I think it may be easier to do that and then apply to medical schools here. It would make the application process easier in terms of having the necessary pre-reqs., taking the MCAT, and getting letters of recommendation from US instructors. But that's just my two cents. Good luck.