UK Vet Schools c/o 2027/2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah if they've offered you an interview it means they're willing to make a conditional offer despite a gap in your application.

The only other reason I would consider going to rvc is if you were offered a seat and were also offered their international student full ride. Obviously free vet school is a no brainer but that kind of goes hand in hand with cheapest option.

Yeah I get the Canadian student quandary, I'm one as well. Let me tell you though it feels pretty horrible to get rejected in province and to only leave yourself the option of RVC and then regret being here the whole time. I should've applied stateside or gone to Dublin or even Glasgow. I spent many weeks in first year just trying to look at transfer options to any school that would take me and none will so once you commit you're stuck here.
I got rejected from OVC two times already so I might as well decide to go somewhere else too! However, RVC, Dublin and Bristol were the only ones I chose to apply to. So far I only heard back from RVC as well.

Do you know if they will tell you that you got an international full scholarship in your acceptance letter or if they tell you after you accepted it?
I'm disappointed that RVC is not a good experience for you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone!
Has anyone applied to Bristol or UCD? I haven't heard anything from UCD since submitting my application back in september so just curious to know if anyone's heard from them. Also, has anyone else applied to glasgow and has their interview coming up? I'm super nervous and have no clue what to expect.
I applied to Bristol :). Haven't heard anything from them but they do not give out interviews. Everything is based on your VMCAS and SAQ form.

Reactions: 1 user
I got rejected from OVC two times already so I might as well decide to go somewhere else too! However, RVC, Dublin and Bristol were the only ones I chose to apply to. So far I only heard back from RVC as well.

Do you know if they will tell you that you got an international full scholarship in your acceptance letter or if they tell you after you accepted it?
I'm disappointed that RVC is not a good experience for you.
Girl same on ovc. That bit is independent of the acceptance decision timeline.

Trust me I am too. Lots of students don't care about the downsides and we will all graduate as vets but it's definitely not living up to any sort of hype at all. Go to your cheapest option, period. With all of that said, London itself is a beautiful place to live and spend four or five years. The country is excellent and nearly makes up for the poor school experience for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've interviewed with Glasgow twice and though it is a vet school interview, they are the nicest interviewers you'll ever meet. They make you feel so at ease and it feels more like a conversation than anything else, Glasgow are great. I had always heard from UCD in mid to late December but they've never invited me to interview, just offered admission flat out. Hope that helps somehow.
Thank you!

I applied to Bristol :). Haven't heard anything from them but they do not give out interviews. Everything is based on your VMCAS and SAQ form.
Yeah, I filled out the SAQ form too. I think this is the first year they aren't doing interviews because I knew some people that interviewed with them in the past. Kinda nervous because I feel like I didn't answer the questions on the SAQ form all that well

Just got my Glasgow interview today. It seems like they might be giving out decision together rather than in batches this year?

For those of you who received an invite to RVC, I got an email asking what day I wanted to attend (in London) and that they would send me an official invite after I chose the date. I responded last Thursday but haven't received anything. Did it take a few days to receive an official invite? Did they send you a schedule of what to expect?

Hey everyone!
Has anyone applied to Bristol or UCD? I haven't heard anything from UCD since submitting my application back in september so just curious to know if anyone's heard from them. Also, has anyone else applied to glasgow and has their interview coming up? I'm super nervous and have no clue what to expect.
I applied to both and have not heard from either!

Hey guys, for those of you that are interviewing in Philadelphia for RVC over the next few days would you mind sharing what your experience was like? I know that you probably can't share specific details like the questions asked during the interview, but if you could just walk us through how your day went I would be super appreciative.

Hey guys, for those of you that are interviewing in Philadelphia for RVC over the next few days would you mind sharing what your experience was like? I know that you probably can't share specific details like the questions asked during the interview, but if you could just walk us through how your day went I would be super appreciative.
If it makes you feel any better my interview for RVC three years ago was probably my favourite ever. They do a good job keeping things relaxed and fun. You'll get nervous before but honestly i found it melted away once we got going and they really let you showcase yourself as a person.

Anyone heard anything from Edinburgh?? Or anything about RVC MMI's?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard anything from Edinburgh?? Or anything about RVC MMI's?
The only thing I got was a confirmation that they received my application after I submitted it. There was a link in their confirmation email with a list of dates as to when they would be interviewing north american applicants but as far as I know, they havent started contacting anyone yet about them. It seems like they are doing domestic applicants first.

Nothing from Edinburgh yet, not even like a confirmation email about my application or anything
Seem like they also did not send out confirmation emails in the past year. Interview invites came out around mid November to late December last year

Has anyone heard from Bristol (grad 4-year program) since doing the supplemental? I feel like I heard back so quickly last year... although that was a rejection so I guess no news is good news.

Anyone in Philly yet? I just made it here for the RVC interview tomorrow :)

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard from Bristol (grad 4-year program) since doing the supplemental? I feel like I heard back so quickly last year... although that was a rejection so I guess no news is good news.
I haven't heard anything--not even a confirmation that my SAQ submission was received. It seems like other people are experiencing the same, at least!

For those interviewing for RVC, when did you receive more info on the interview such as time, location, etc? I've only received an email asking which day I wanted but no correspondence since. Was it close to your interview date? (Mine is the 30th).

I got my interview invitation email on September 21, and it told me the date I was interviewing and the details! They never asked me about interview dates, just the first email acknowledging my application that asked if I could not do any of the interview dates.

For those interviewing for RVC, when did you receive more info on the interview such as time, location, etc? I've only received an email asking which day I wanted but no correspondence since. Was it close to your interview date? (Mine is the 30th).
I received an email specifying the time, date, and location of the interview on October 21st, so approximately four weeks before my scheduled date. It sounds like this timing varied between different applicants, though!

Just FYI, the interviewers and alumni that they bring out for the day were incredibly nice. I had a great time talking to people. However, for myself, I hated the MMIs that they did. But I can see how other people would enjoy it!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, for those of you that have already interviewed for RVC what was the COVID protocol like? Were you required to wear masks?

Has anyone heard from Glasgow yet? I applied to them in 2019, and by this time then I was interviewed and accepted. I know that was a few years ago and the process probably changed, but I just am always super paranoid that I forgot something or missed something.
Thanks.

i just received an email from them today, so they’re probably starting to send out interview invites now! before that i didn’t get a single email
did you get an interview? are you an international applicant? I'm so worried I haven't heard anything from them at all

Has anyone heard from Glasgow yet? I applied to them in 2019, and by this time then I was interviewed and accepted. I know that was a few years ago and the process probably changed, but I just am always super paranoid that I forgot something or missed something.
Thanks.
Are you international or in the UK? I'm international and did an ethical reasoning test in September then got invited to do an informational session for international students and got an interview based on that score. That email came in late mid-October and the interview is in late November During the session, they seemed to say more interview spots were open, so there may be another round of invites going out.

did you get an interview? are you an international applicant? I'm so worried I haven't heard anything from them at all
yeah it was an interview invite. and i’m an international applicant but their interview days aren’t really specifically reserved for international or domestic applicants so you can get invited for pretty much any of them, which i imagine would affect when they send the invite!

Is anyone in Fort Worth yet??? I just got here and I'm so excited to meet everyone!

I received an interview invite for Edinburgh 4-year program!

Those of you that received interview invites-are you on the west coast?

Didn't hear anything from edingburgh but seems like some people didn't receive interview invites until late January last year so I probably can stay relaxed for now.

Hello! For Edinburgh, you guys didn't receive anything at all after you submitted your application right? Like I didn't even get a confirmation email or anything so I want to double check if that's normal

Hello! For Edinburgh, you guys didn't receive anything at all after you submitted your application right? Like I didn't even get a confirmation email or anything so I want to double check if that's normal
Yep, I haven't receive a confirmation email

I might have missed it somewhere but, does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file?

Has anyone else not heard a word at all from Edinburgh, then today get randomly sent an invite to a History event the international dean is hosting?

Has anyone else not heard a word at all from Edinburgh, then today get randomly sent an invite to a History event the international dean is hosting?
I haven't heard anything yet, but one of my coworkers received a rejection from them a few days ago

Are you international or in the UK? I'm international and did an ethical reasoning test in September then got invited to do an informational session for international students and got an interview based on that score. That email came in late mid-October and the interview is in late November During the session, they seemed to say more interview spots were open, so there may be another round of invites going out.
International. I did not do an ethical reasoning test. Was that before or after you got invited to interview? When I applied this time around I couldn't find it anywhere on their website or anything and vaguely remembered doing it after I got the interview invite. But now I'm panicking I missed it (which if I did that's life and nothing can be done about that now, but I would've thought I would have been rejected right away for missing that then). When I applied a few years ago I had heard in late October and was interviewed in late November and accepted within that week. I've been so busy at work I didn't even realize until the one doctor I work with asked me if I've heard from any schools and I looked at my time hop that day and it just so happened to be 3 years to the date since interviewing and that's when I started to get panicky.

International. I did not do an ethical reasoning test. Was that before or after you got invited to interview? When I applied this time around I couldn't find it anywhere on their website or anything and vaguely remembered doing it after I got the interview invite. But now I'm panicking I missed it (which if I did that's life and nothing can be done about that now, but I would've thought I would have been rejected right away for missing that then). When I applied a few years ago I had heard in late October and was interviewed in late November and accepted within that week. I've been so busy at work I didn't even realize until the one doctor I work with asked me if I've heard from any schools and I looked at my time hop that day and it just so happened to be 3 years to the date since interviewing and that's when I started to get panicky.

They sent me the ethical reasoning test on 9/21 and I had like a week or two to do it I think. Are you able to look back through your email like do a search for key word Glasgow? They told us to expect answers in January if I remember correctly. Could be wrong though on that I have so many dates in my head