UK Vet Schools c/o 2027/2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those of you that received interview invites-are you on the west coast?
I’m on the east cost, got an invite for UCD this morning

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They sent me the ethical reasoning test on 9/21 and I had like a week or two to do it I think. Are you able to look back through your email like do a search for key word Glasgow? They told us to expect answers in January if I remember correctly. Could be wrong though on that I have so many dates in my head
I haven't received a single email from them that I can find or have seen.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is so weird. I would email them and ask for an update. They have been super nice so far so I am sure they can help.
I definitely will. From what I remember they were the nicest people. I'm just getting worried that somehow I didn't apply to them even though I know I definitely did, because I just overthink everything.

Hey everyone!
Has anyone applied to Bristol or UCD? I haven't heard anything from UCD since submitting my application back in september so just curious to know if anyone's heard from them. Also, has anyone else applied to glasgow and has their interview coming up? I'm super nervous and have no clue what to expect.
I recently had my interview for Glasgow they were very friendly. They seemed to have really looked over my application and tailored the questions to me. Bristol doesn't interview I don't think, at least not for the four-year program. They just have you do the MOOC supplemental (I think it's called that). I was rejected last year (I applied through UCAS) but hoping for a better outcome this year through VMCAS.

Wondering is there anyone else who hasn't heard anything from Edingburgh(not even a confirmation email)

I haven't heard anything from Edinburgh yet either. Hopefully in the coming weeks!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone hear back after the interview with Glasgow yet?🙃

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't even received any emails regarding app process. 😕

Just got rejected by Edinburgh this morning. Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard back!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Rejected by Edinburgh. Good luck to those who have an interview! Hopefully we'll get some good news from Glasgow later!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
It's bad to say but I didn't feel that horrible when received a rejection from Edinburgh. It's really my anticipation that has been torturing me inside. I really wish that I could just forget about decisions that are coming out because I really need to focus on the final right now

• Care
It's bad to say but I didn't feel that horrible when received a rejection from Edinburgh. It's really my anticipation that has been torturing me inside. I really wish that I could just forget about decisions that are coming out because I really need to focus on the final right now
Same knowing answers are starting to roll out is making finals worse for sure. I need a really good grade on my physics test and all I can focus on is waiting for an email

• Care
If I do not get into a vet program this cycle in the US, I will be looking into applying to RVC as I like the ability to practice medicine in multiple countries. I see that they prefer GPAs of above 3.4, but does anyone know if they accept lower GPAs? Also, for Anatomy/Physiology does anyone know if a lab is required or can I just take a course that is 3 credits?
Edit: What attracts you to the other vet schools in the UK?

If I do not get into a vet program this cycle in the US, I will be looking into applying to RVC as I like the ability to practice medicine in multiple countries. I see that they prefer GPAs of above 3.4, but does anyone know if they accept lower GPAs? Also, for Anatomy/Physiology does anyone know if a lab is required or can I just take a course that is 3 credits?
Edit: What attracts you to the other vet schools in the UK?

I believe RVC takes lower GPA’s if your app is supplemented with lots of animal experience or vet shadowing or another area. I think the course only would be fine, but I’ve reached out to their admissions people before and found them super helpful in clarifying anything, so I’d recommend doing that.

As far as UK Vet schools, they’re some of the highest ranking vet schools in the world, with multiple sources putting RVC at number one and Glasgow in the top 10, which is really nice. The applications also weigh animal and veterinary experience more heavily than grades, unlike then US which uses grades to weed people out, resulting in vet students who have spent much less time around farm animals and rural medicine. Many of the UK vet schools translate degrees to other countries, whereas several in the US do not without supplemental coursework for certification. UK schools consistently show a greater commitment to diversity of their classes and to graduating vets who understand all animals, meaning less specialization. Also, and this is so vain but it did make a difference to me in deciding where to apply, but the schools in the UK are gorgeous, in part because most of them are so old when compared to even the oldest vet schools in the US.

I have found the admissions teams more helpful with UK schools, personally. I had an issue with a transcript sending which led to many of the US schools simply saying “bad luck, try again next year” even when I explained the situation. Every UK school I spoke to was accommodating and still took my application, and they were all very understanding.

Hope that helps! I spend most of my time agonizing over vet school decisions so I’m glad to have an outlet that might actually prove useful to someone lol.

Did anyone get an email today saying Bristol put your application on “hold” while they review all of the applications.. what does this even mean

Did anyone get an email today saying Bristol put your application on “hold” while they review all of the applications.. what does this even mean
I am assuming it's like the waitlist? I haven't heard from them yet, not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

I just got accepted via email to RBC this morning at 7:01am EST!

I havent heard a single thing from glasgow😅 not even an email after i submitted my application.

My interview was in Philly on November 12!! The acceptance completely took me by surprise!!
Congrats, I was wondering does RVC give out their acceptance earlier than expected this year? My interview was also in Philly this November and I have not heard anything from them up until now.

I got my RVC acceptance early this morning! But I think I remember them saying they make offers over a long period of time.

I got my Glasgow acceptance yesterday and I got Bristol and RVC today!

Just got accepted to RVC!!!! Oh my god I’m going to be a vet!!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😂😂

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations!! I received an acceptance into the 4-year program this morning and I can't believe it.
Congrats !! Where was your interview ? Currently still waiting 😭

Last edited:
I definitely will. From what I remember they were the nicest people. I'm just getting worried that somehow I didn't apply to them even though I know I definitely did, because I just overthink everything.
Did you email Glasgow? Did all international Applicants getting interviews with Glasgow get invited to the international student information session after taking the ethics assessment.

The wait for RVC is killing me! I wonder how long of a wait period it'll be

Anyone heard anything from Bristol?

Been wondering the same thing. I applied to the 4 year did the supplemental and haven’t heard a thing. Last year I applied to the 5 year and was rejected on 12/6. I’ve seen a few posts about people wondering on Reddit as well…

Been wondering the same thing. I applied to the 4 year did the supplemental and haven’t heard a thing. Last year I applied to the 5 year and was rejected on 12/6. I’ve seen a few posts about people wondering on Reddit as well…
The only thing I have heard from them is that they have reviewed my application and has put it on hold while they review the rest. I assume this is because they could not give me a definite answer and is like a waitlist? I think someone in this thread above said they got accepted! i believe it was “pinkcow101”