1. It’s Test Prep Week! Visit the Test Prep Forums to learn about test prep products and services, ask questions in test-related AMA threads, take advantage of exclusive SDN member discounts, and enter to win free stuff!
Studying for the DAT, GRE, OAT or PCAT? Test Prep Week Exhibitors are here to help!

Ultimate board prep vs Just oral boards?

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by CaliDreamin4Life, Dec 5, 2016.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. CaliDreamin4Life

CaliDreamin4Life ASA Member 2+ Year Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Trying to decide between both. Can anyone comment on if/how they found them useful for oral boards?

Thanks much.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. FFP

FFP Grunt, cog, body, pompous ass Gold Donor 7+ Year Member

Oct 17, 2007
  4. RussianJoo

RussianJoo Useless Member 10+ Year Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Rock City
    all I did was read through ultimate board prep and took notes and practiced answering the typical questions i.e. how to induce a difficult airway, treating MH things like that and I passed.

5. timgasman

timgasman

Jun 2, 2016
    just oral boards

6. Swizard210

Swizard210 2+ Year Member

Mar 12, 2013
    I found that Just Oral Boards was really thorough, especially their student manual book. Some of my colleagues used them as well as other who UBP and the consensus was still just oral boards for advising the CA2s.

7. Lecithin5

Lecithin5 2+ Year Member

Apr 21, 2015
    UBP all the way. The answers can be very detailed, and on the real exam you won't have enough time to give the thorough answers that UBP gives; however, virtually every question I got on the real exam was in UBP in one form or another. Ultimately, pick one source, and stick with it. You don't want to overwhelm yourself with numerous sources.

8. Ezekiel2517

Ezekiel2517 Anesthesiologist 10+ Year Member

Jan 21, 2005
    CA
    Physician
    I thought UBP was outstanding

9. timgasman

timgasman

Jun 2, 2016
    Justoralboards.com all the way. I can't stress enough how great they are. I believe they have the highest pass rate, but obviously theres no way to independently confirm this. Not shocking if it were true.