Ultrasound for Regional

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acidbase1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of purchasing a new US, anyone have recommendations on brands? I used sonosite in residency and hear it's the best. What do you guys use and what are its pros/cons?

Members don't see this ad.

I like the Philips machine, CX50. But the only comparison I've had are really old Sonosites, which worked fine as well...just took forever to boot. Apples to oranges I say!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
We found the last generation version of the Sonosite Sii to be the best combination of features and size, plus it is cheaper.
Would get the new sii if I was getting another, it wasn't out when we got our last ones.
Choose probes wisely, they are 7-10k each. We never use the 13-6, only the 15-6, and rarely the 10-5. A curvilinear probe would also be nice for you too depending what blocks you like.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
We found the last generation version of the Sonosite Sii to be the best combination of features and size, plus it is cheaper.
Would get the new sii if I was getting another, it wasn't out when we got our last ones.
Choose probes wisely, they are 7-10k each. We never use the 13-6, only the 15-6, and rarely the 10-5. A curvilinear probe would also be nice for you too depending what blocks you like.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

This is actually the one I'm looking at buying. Just making sure I'm not missing out on something

I had the sonosite rep out (demoed the SII) and was underwhelmed to what I had seen in the past. In fact we had a GE which seemed to be superior. Anyone have any other recommendation? What and B and K?