UM, Davis invited me for an interview today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OldLady

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
wtf?!

has anyone interviewed there recently? I am out of state and interviewed at UCSD last month (which I thought was late) and got "acceptable pool"

Anyone know where UC Davis is in giving out their acceptances or how many ppl are waitlisted? Methinks I shouldn't bother...

Members don't see this ad.

To my knowledge, Davis is really behind in their application process. I think they've sent out roughly 90 acceptances and will send out ~100 more...or maybe those are combined with those who are taken off the waitlist. Anyhow, they're just behind in their application cycle. It's a great school. I'd go to the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd go to the interview if you really think you would go to Davis over somewhere else. With the tuition hike plus the extra for out-of-state I could see why it might not be worth it. It is a great school, especially if you are community health oriented and into primary care, though a lot of people there don't do primary care. I see you're from Arizona and I think it seems similar to U of A in some regards, from what I learned about U of A while doing post-bac there.

awesome. its not late at all. you must have applied to the california schools for a reason.
you should go to the interview seeing as how davis is an excellent medical school. i think like most of us who went for the interview and second look...you will end up being impressed with place as wel all were.

if you want to go to school in california, you should definitely come. getting off the acceptable pool at ucsd isnt really a cakewalk so you definitely want to increase your chances of staying here by going to the davis interview and impressing them ;).

not to say you would pick sd over davis once you go and visit of course...lots of people there came in thinking they would go to another place but left impressed and wondering...if they should turn down that "higher" ranked school and attend davis.