UMASS applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody know how long it takes for UMASS to accept students after they have interviewed them? (Non EDP) Information from other websites seem to indicate that they take their time in accepting applicants. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know specific times, but the people I know who interviewed and were accepted there said they waited quite a while -- around March I think is when there is the most movement.

Though I believe the send out some acceptances as they go along as well.

Again, just heard this through the grapevine...

They do take their time, for acceptances and rejections. I applied two years ago and interviewed in October. I then waited until like April to get an outright rejection. The whole time I was clinging to hope that the delay meant that I would at least be waitlisted. On the other hand, I have friends who heard within a month or so. I just know not to get my hopes up with them this time.

To anyone who has interviewed there this year: how long did it take from the time your app was complete to hear about interviews?

Good luck everyone!
Bee

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything yet and they have everything but my verified application from AMCAS, which should have been sent to them a couple of weeks ago. I know that they wait until they get a verified app before even looking at your file.

I had my interview mid October, my application was complete early October.

ajz,

How did you know your application was complete? Did they let you know or did you call them? My AMCAS application was verified over a month ago and I still haven't heard anything from UMass - but I don't want to be a pest either.

Ok, here is the official time line...

Submitted application 9/20
Received Email saying application complete 9/28
Invited for interview on 10/15
Interviewed 10/23

Hope that helps anyone applying to UMass. BTW, at the interview the Dean of Admissions mentioned that they are a little behind this year.