UMass IM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NdSea

Internal Medicine
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those of you who have either rotated or interviewed at UMass, i just wanted to get your impressions on the program. How is the fellowship placement and overall impression of the program nationwide? Any input on the interview day would also be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at U Mass last month, and all I can tell you is my impression from the interview day. It seemed like a strong University program, several of the attendings have trained at the bigger programs on the east coast. At the same time, the chiefs really stressed on how laid back the program is, for whatever that is worth. As far as fellowship placement, it seems to me that every year, they place a couple of folks in the bigger name programs in Boston and NY. Thats all I have for you!

I interviewed at U Mass last month, and all I can tell you is my impression from the interview day. It seemed like a strong University program, several of the attendings have trained at the bigger programs on the east coast. At the same time, the chiefs really stressed on how laid back the program is, for whatever that is worth. As far as fellowship placement, it seems to me that every year, they place a couple of folks in the bigger name programs in Boston and NY. Thats all I have for you!

thank you, i will be interviewing there next week.. any other info about the program or interview date would be greatly appreciated... how high would most people rank this program on their list???