UMASS??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lord God

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard anything from UMASS lately?? Good or Bad??

I've heard that there should be a flurry of activity around May 15th, but I'm not sure my nerves can take stalking the mailbox everyday until then.

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard that a lot of people get in off of the wait list. However, people I know (that this has happened to) didn't hear until June/July.
I'm still waiting to hear back from them, but I've heard that they have already accepted 4 from my undergrad school, and more acceptances are not too likely. Hopefully, I'll get on the wait list though. You pretty much have to sit tight until at LEAST may 15, from what I understand. Good luck to you though!

Do you guys both want to go into primary care? Just wondering...

-Keyser

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes - pediatrics. Why, Keyser?

Because primary care is, of course, their bigtime specialty there. Just wanted to see what kind of thoughts you had on fitting into that kind of curriculum. I'm pulling for you guys. Good luck as the process rolls on!

-Keyser

Hey,
I got accepted at UMass in late February, a good 5 months after I interviewed there. They sure tested my patience! I've heard of a few other people also hearing that they were accepted, but I know that lots are still waiting for word. They told me at my interview that in some cases it would be until May until decisions were made. I wish there was a better, speedier way for them to make their decisions.
In any case, good luck, guys!

Keyser and Kiv - are you both definitely going to UMASS?? Congrats on getting in!

No, not definitely going to UMass. I'll let you know what I decide though. Good luck to you!
smile.gif

-Keyser

I too am stuck in limbo at UMASS. I'm anxiously awaiting some answer. I interviewed in October and haven't heard anything since then. If anyone could post when you heard, when you interviewed, and weather you plan on going or not, I'd be interested. Thank you.
joe

I just found out this weekend that I am on the wait list at UMASS!! I am pretty psyched, and I hope that I get in. I've heard that there is one more week to hear if you are on the wait list, so good luck to you all!!

sjldoc- Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I'll be going to UMass. I'll let you know if my plans change though!
Maybe I'll see you this fall.
smile.gif

so i'm in, but i don't want to do primary care. dammit what do i do? ITS SO CHEAP!!! but its also in worcester. i'm so confused......
btw...are any of you guys straight out of undergrad?
keith

The UMass waitlist is not formally rank-ordered. By May 15 the class is filled but not oversubscribed so applicants may be notified from 2 weeks after interview until May, when greatest movement from the waitlist occurs, although some may be accepted between then and August. A letter of intent is needed to remain on the waitlist and should be sent promptly. If you wish to enhance your application you may do so only by submitting evidence of SIGNIFICANT accomplishment that occurred after the application was submitted. Update in writing how you can be reached and keep in touch with the admissions office.

Because a medical school emphasizes primary care does not mean that graduates cannot and do not apply for all the other possible residencies, nor that they cannot get a residency in these other areas.

Like most other medical school catalogs, the UMAss catalog probably also has a listing of the residency positions of the most recent class.

I just got in on Friday!!!
I am psyched because it's my first choice!! :D

Congratulations sjldoc!! I'll see you in August! :)

KeithKow- Yup, I'm heading straight from undergrad. Why?

Congratulations sjldoc!! I'll see you in August! :)

KeithKow- Yup, I'm heading straight from undergrad. Why?

Kiv,
What are you doing for housing? I live in Worcester now, but I want to get a roommate to split living expenses and all that. Are you interested, or do you know of anyone that is?
Do you know when orientation is? :D

Hey, I guess orientation is June 2! That's coming up pretty quickly. Can't wait to see you all there!
:p

I am also on the UMass' wait list and am wondering if anyone has heard anything or has any advice for me. It is 100 percent my first choice and would do just about anything to get in. I've sent additional recommendations and sent a letter stressing my interest; now I feel like my hands are tied and that is so frustrating!