UMD - Who to dispute prereq.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wahoogrl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know who I need to talk to - inorder to dispute a couple of prereq courses? They sent me an email stating that i needed to take 2 english classes. I realize that i may need to take eng lit. But I already took English Composition and I really need to dispute this asap. My semester ends in 3 weeks and our summer session starts in mid may. Plus, if i really have to take another english course- i think i may need to reconsider- can't do it. I'm giving birth in July- right before I go to school.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Ummmm..... registrar? Admissions folks? In the two hours since you've posted this question, you've had ample time to go to the UMD Pharm school website and figure it out.

Check the student affairs office. There are a few hitches with classes, like the course name or the length of time since you've taken the course.

Or reply to the email you received and and I'm fairly sure someone will get back to you tomorrow. ;) You could PM me if you send an email back and don't get anywhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks KU Moose. I'll see what happens. I've written so many emails to different people at UMD since I received the email regarding my prerequisites. I just don't know who is the appropriate person to contact. I guess I was a little anxious and decided maybe i would try to see if anyone in sdn would know. I'm hoping that the people I wrote to at UMD will write back to me and refer me to the appropriate person. It's just frustrating, because after I received the email about my prereqs- the person never specified in the letter who I needed to contact to dispute- she just told me that I needed to fulfill these courses and sent an official transcript by August to show them I've fulfilled the courses - and that until then i really don't need to contact anyone. So, it's just been frustrating because I was hoping to get some real direction from the person who wrote to me about my courses. I'll just wait and hope to hear a response to my email.

And if i don't get an email back from them- i'll definitely pm you to get some tips on who to contact besides the people i've already tried in student services and admissions.

thanks

This is on a completely different sidenote (not in reference to you) but a pet peeve of mine is when people refer to the University of Baltimore as
UMD - which really is University of Maryland College Park (we use it most)
or even worse (no offense to any UMBCers)
UMBC - for those who don't know anything about the pharmacy schools.

I didn't work hard for years to have people think I'm still at my undergraduate school or going to UMBC... I'm going to UMB for god sakes. We are NOT affliated w/ each other.

Ok, I'm done ranting (sorry!)