UMDNJ "Acceptable Status" to Accepted???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crazed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a letter from the school, stating that I'm an "acceptable" candidate, and might be offered a place before class fills up. Otherwise, I'll be placed on an alternate list. Ahhhhhh.... Don't know what to do!! Do I wait and pray? Is it a lost cause? I thought I had a good shot - 24S MCAT (7,8,9) and 3.37 GPA, nice recs. and extracurriculars. I'm also a NJ resident. Anyone out there got in from this list? I weep at the frightning thought of having to wait indefinitely!! Any input would be soooo very appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Crazed,

I am actually very very very familiar with this category and know the letter well. Congratulations. The committee finds you to be an acceptable candidate but not to be accepted at this time.

Essentially that is the UMDNJSOM waitlist. You are on the waitlist now actually. If you give them a call, the secretary can verify that it is the waitlist, but they don't seem to give out the position on the waitlist.

All I can say is hang in there. They usually take a few people off of the waitlist every year. I don't know your status with them, but they give the heaviest weight to GPA and a final score is drawn from that. If your committee score is higher than everyone else on the waitlist, than you are number one. If it is the lowest... Etc. You get the idea.

Thanks! That's kind of disappointing, though, you know? Also, I wish they'd at least say where we are on the wait list - just to give you an idea.

Crazed,

Feel free to send me Private messages via the SDN if you have more questions about the process. I know it well.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Crazed:
•Thanks! That's kind of disappointing, though, you know? Also, I wish they'd at least say where we are on the wait list - just to give you an idea.•[/QUOTE]