UMDNJ - NJ Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gottalaugh

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a secondary? I received a letter saying I just need my letters of rec to be considered for an interview, however I never received the secondary. I emailed them my application about a week or two ago. After emailing them today, I received a response stating my AMCAS application should arrive there shortly and that after arrival they will forward the secondary. Are they one of the schools holding off on the secondaries until AMCAS sends them my app? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of me sending one to them (at their request)? I thought I saw somewhere that someone had sent one in.

There is the possibility that they couldn't recover my application over the email. I'll check that tomorrow.

Thanks!
GL

Members don't see this ad.

Their secondary is just a fee. You should have gotten something in the mail asking you to fill out a fee card and to send them money.

I got it about 3-4 weeks ago. If you're a non-NJ resident they ask why you wanna go to their school(one-pager)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by E'01:
•I got it about 3-4 weeks ago. If you're a non-NJ resident they ask why you wanna go to their school(one-pager)•

Is this after you send in the fee? I didn't see anything in the letter they sent that mentioned an essay of any sort.

The essay was on the back of the application (demographic sheet). The cover letter did not mention that there was an essay to be written. I just happened to flip it over and found that it was there.

OK, I'm a bit worried about this - all I got was a cover letter, an instructional letter (telling where rec letters should be sent and about the processing fee), and a fee card (a very short form on a small yellow card, about the size of an index card but longer). Nowhere in the materials I received did I see any mention of an essay.

Did anyone else see anything about an essay for this school?

That's weird. No don't worry - I'm sure there's an explanation. I didn't get a fee card. The letter just said to send in a check.

rxfudd we were talking about 2 different schools. We're both right - I was apparently referring to the application for NJM and you, RWJ.