UMDNJ RWJMS: Accepted Student Luncheon Jan. 6

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thorg12

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not much talk about Robert Wood on this forum, but i was wonderiing if anyone is going to be attending the luncheon? I'll be there, hopefully get to meet some of my future classmates.
-mike

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be there after NJMS's

i would love to, if i hear good news from them beforehand. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
beponychick said:
i would love to, if i hear good news from them beforehand. :)

hey, any good news from drexel yet?
im still waiting for UMDNJ, :rolleyes:

baby4you said:
hey, any good news from drexel yet?
im still waiting for UMDNJ, :rolleyes:

yep. I received the big Drexel envelope yesterday! :) Im excited. I think i may withdraw from VCU and Vermont now.

Im waiting for RWJ. I interviewed on December 6 but my interviewer gave in her evaluation on the same day, so im hoping to hear one way or another soon.

Good luck!!!

beponychick said:
yep. I received the big Drexel envelope yesterday! :) Im excited. I think i may withdraw from VCU and Vermont now.

Im waiting for RWJ. I interviewed on December 6 but my interviewer gave in her evaluation on the same day, so im hoping to hear one way or another soon.

Good luck!!!

CONGRATS, :D :cool: :) ;) :thumbup: :luck:

i havent interviewed at RWJ, good luck with that one. :D

Since their having the luncheon so early, does this mean that their class is close to full? I really hope not. I interviewed on Nov-22nd, still haven't heard from them. I called them today and they said my application is under its final review and won't make it in time for this Thursday committee meeting, which means I have to wait till the first week of January. AAAHH.. this sucks another 3 weeks of stressing

baby4you said:
CONGRATS, :D :cool: :) ;) :thumbup: :luck:

i havent interviewed at RWJ, good luck with that one. :D

Thanks. You interviewed at NJMS?

JohnH said:
Since their having the luncheon so early, does this mean that their class is close to full? I really hope not. I interviewed on Nov-22nd, still haven't heard from them. I called them today and they said my application is under its final review and won't make it in time for this Thursday committee meeting, which means I have to wait till the first week of January. AAAHH.. this sucks another 3 weeks of stressing

Oh im sorry. Maybe your interviewer did not hand in his/her evaluations early. Who did you interview with?

beponychick said:
Thanks. You interviewed at NJMS?

yes, nov 29.
keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

beponychick said:
Oh im sorry. Maybe your interviewer did not hand in his/her evaluations early. Who did you interview with?

I interviewed with Dr. Rosenthal. She was awesome. A really nice and encouring lady. She actually handed it in pretty quickly. Who did you interview with?

I'll be at the luncheon! See you all there. I think it will give us all a pretty good idea of what kind of classmates we will have next year. Anyone out there like me choose the Camden campus for their clinical years? If so, why?

JohnH said:
I interviewed with Dr. Rosenthal. She was awesome. A really nice and encouring lady. She actually handed it in pretty quickly. Who did you interview with?

I had Dr. Hayes... Wonderful lady but my interview was two hours!!!! that was rough, but i enjoyed our conversation. Ms. Kramer emailed and said that she already received Dr. Haye's evaluation (the same day). But I have no idea when my file will be reviewed by the committee. It would be nice to hear before the luncheon :)

Good luck!!!

you should call and ask

Hey guys, I'll be giving tours for the Accepted Students, so I'll see some of you there!

And Dr. Rosenthal is wonderful!

so to clear up: if we don't even get invited to the interview before Jan 6, we are screwed? :eek:

anybody interviewed with Dr Terregino? any idea how long it takes to turn in her evaluation? She was awesome to interview with, a great personnality.

DNAroolez said:
I'll be at the luncheon! See you all there. I think it will give us all a pretty good idea of what kind of classmates we will have next year. Anyone out there like me choose the Camden campus for their clinical years? If so, why?

You will never have a better dean in your life, you get all the autonomy you can handle if the attendings and residents trust you, you see lots of pathology and our class is SMALL so you will be more intimate with your classmates. All rotations are done at Cooper (none of that excessive traveling bologna unless you're on outpatient), you can live in Philly. There are no real hard core gunners here, most are supportive and you have a ton of opportunity to do a research year or whatever you choose, just talk to the dean about it - he'll set it up. I'm a fourth year now and thankful I was put into the Camden program (we couldn't choose back then) this has by far been the best part of medical school- Good luck! :thumbup:

DrKitty said:
so to clear up: if we don't even get invited to the interview before Jan 6, we are screwed? :eek:

anyone care to answer? i'm freaking out here... :scared:

i think that is the way it is.
but i think they do have another lunch in may, with housing included.