Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

UMDNJ sec. app.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by jd star, Sep 4, 2002.

1. jd star

jd star Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Did anyone send in their UMDNJ secondary application yet?

The essay seems relatively easy, but they say they want you to list your "strengths and weaknesses in your preparation for medical school." What are you supposed to put for weaknesses? Like I should have studied for the MCAT more or something like that?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jd star

jd star Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks so much :)

i know what you mean.... i appreciate your help.

:D

4. gaffer

gaffer Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi there, I had another quick question about the umdnj secondaries for anybody.

I notice that there are three spaces for a letter of rec when they only ask for two faculty members?

Any comments or answers to why that's so?
    Is it just a suggestion if you don't have a committee that you should get three people to write you a letter?

thanx
    gaffer

5. jd star

jd star Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I called UMDNJ because my school has a predmedical committee and I didn't know what to put there.... They told me to type "Premedical Committee - Name of School" on Line 1. I guess they give you three lines in cas you have more than two faculty writing a letter.

I know that probably didn't help, but I would say that if they want two, I would give them three. Kind of like PCOM saying that a letter of rec from a DO would be good, but it's not required. I don't know, I guess it's up to your discretion. Do you have a pe-med advisor that you could ask?

6. gaffer

gaffer Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

yeah, i have a premed advisor that is writing a letter for some other schools so i'm thinking maybe I'll just get two of my teachers and her. Thanks for the advice.

But that essay though...man! For one, I'm trying to decide whether or not to make it super long or and avg length. Then the whole weakness aspect...:rolleyes:

At least my writing is improving.:clap: