UMDNJ-SOM, any advice???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wlbfas5351

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering UMDNJ-SOM and would like a current student or alumni's view on the school. How are the clinical rotations, electives, match results? Any advice for or against going to SOM would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

wlbfas5351,

It is a good, small school from my viewpoint. It has it's own hospital system, but the rotations are relatively rural/suburban. So I'm not sure you're going to see alot of excitement like you might see in larger city hospitals. You could of course, do electives in other hospitals. The class size is very small, and from the people I know there, everyone gets very close with everyone else. It's very... Knit.

I don't think it has the same appeal as larger schools like PCOM, NYCOM, NOVA, etc. That's not to say it is a bad school. It depends largely on personal preference, and if you like alot of people to diversify your experience...

That is not the place.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by wlbfas5351:
•I am considering UMDNJ-SOM and would like a current student or alumni's view on the school. How are the clinical rotations, electives, match results? Any advice for or against going to SOM would be appreciated.•••••