UMDNJ-SOM Incoming Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Car23

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a question for all studnets entering SOM in Fall 2002. When is the white coat ceremony? What are the dates for orientation and what are the dates for the first day of classes?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the white coat ceremony is the last Sunday of July. I'm not sure, but I think I read that somewhere. I also believe that orientation is the following week, with classes starting in early August. I don't know the exact dates though. Are you going to UMDNJ-SOM this fall?

Hello
:) The white coat ceremony is aug 4th.
:clap: orientation is the 5th :clap:
classes start the following monday.
are you coming to our class?
:cool: our class started a forum on the osteopathic site...for class of 2002. its fun.
did you go to accepted students day?
i hope all this helps

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. I am from NJ and taking the MCAT this Sat at
UMDNJSOM actually and hope to attend there open house on 4/26. How hard do you think it is to get in if you are in state? Are they stringent that you have high MCATs? I am aiming for the mid to high 20s. Your input would be great. Congrats on your acceptances. This is my dream school!!!!

any medical school is competitive, md or do. The higher the score and gpa will increase your chance to get into medical school. But being an instate resident definetly helps. :clap: