Umdnj Som

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abram_Graham

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I wanted to know if anyone knew if UMDNJ ranks their waiting list because I was found acceptable but not to immediate accept. Bummer because this is my first choice. I guess I should be excited to have been given an interview because I'm an out of state applicant and I know that they don't interview alot of people especially out of state. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith

Members don't see this ad.

I am not sure if they rank their waiting list but you can certainly have my out-of-state acceptance because I shall be declining their offer.

Herp

Hi guys,

I am still waiting for word from UMDNJ-SOM. It is also one of my top choices, and even though my file has been complete for some time, I have not heard anything! I am really at a loss as to what I should do. I am a NJ resident, so I figured that would be the first school I would hear back from. For those of you accepted to UMDNJ-SOM, if it is possible, can you list your stats?

Thanks

I am a NJ resident.

My stats:

MCAT: 29Q

Undergrad gpa: 3.78
Undergrad sci gpa: 3.7

Undergrad instituion: The College of New Jersey

I am a nursing major who will be graduating in May and due to my major, I obviously have a ton of clinical experience in just about every area of the hospital (icu, er, surgery, oncology, etc.) I also have a internship experience on an ICU floor as well as three years of tutoring students in bio and A&P.

But don't just compare yourself with me or anyone else. Each applicant is unique. And I know a girl who interviewed there in April last year and was still accepted. So stay positive. In the words of the late Jim Valvano "Don't give up. Don't ever give up"