UMiami (full tuition) vs CWRU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

camb370

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to UMiami and was thankfully offered a full tuition scholarship, but I also was on the CWRU waitlist. Because I heard that CWRU is really expensive/tends to give not as much aid as one would like, I didn't send a letter of interest/updates since I didn't want to end up getting in and having to go with bad aid - from friends with similar backgrounds/ECs/stats who got in, their add was uniformly not great, and mine predictably wouldn't be too difference. Was this the right choice to stay with UMiami? I know I can't change anything now, but it's just been on my mind. Looking back, given the prestige of CWRU, I'm not sure, especially since I'm interested in competitive specialties. But I'm also not sure that the gap in prestige is big enough to warrant the extra debt -- do you think it would've been? (if this were Harvard/Hopkins that'd be a different conversation). I don't know, I suppose I'm just thinking/typing out loud

Members don't see this ad.

Agreed, UMiami all the way. It’s really well respected, especially for the clinical skills. I interviewed at Case and wasn’t super enthused. You made a great choice!

Reactions: 1 user