UMiami OMS- warning, Aussie Inbound...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mordecai

OMFS Trouble maker
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This forum is thick with OMS residents, and I'm hoping that there are some UMiami residents amongst the denizens.

I'll hopefully be visiting the OMS unit in the first week of February 2016 from Monday-Friday before flying back to Oz on the Saturday.
I'm a dual dental/medical qualified final year OMS resident in Adelaide, and our equivalent of chief resident.
I'm 9 months out from my Aussie boards (RACDS Fellowship exam), and will be attending the Colorado CMF trauma course in January. I met Dr Peleg at ICOMS in Melbourne and he suggested I come see how things are done in Miami.

I haven't been to the US since 2011 (I had a trauma/burns rotation at Cook county as a final year medical student), and am looking forward to seeing a few different things from the usual Australian OMS fare. I'd love any ideas on where a good place to stay would be, how to get the best out the week etc.

If anyone can help, please post on this thread or PM me. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Apparently there's an OMFS who does a lot of all-on-4 work in the Florida region. Couldn't remember the name by my boss recommended it as some of the CPD he'd love to do if he was stateside.

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks- I'm looking for some ideas about a place to stay near Jackson Memorial for the week that I will be there. I was also hoping that some of the residents might be able to tell me more about what a week there might be like.

Thanks- I'm looking for some ideas about a place to stay near Jackson Memorial for the week that I will be there. I was also hoping that some of the residents might be able to tell me more about what a week there might be like.

There's a Springhill Suites within walking distance, the rooms are nice.